Chapter Twenty Nine

I took a deep breath and turned around. I saw Ashton sitting behind me, holding my hair out of the way. I smiled warmly at him. He's such a sweetheart and I knew how lucky I was to have him in my life.

"You shouldn't be in the ladies toilet Ash." I coughed.

"I don't care, I'm staying here." he stated.

He sat rubbing my back gently with his other hand whilst I continued vomiting until there was nothing left. When I finally finished, I stood up and he handed me a stick of chewing gum. I giggled and took it from him.

You're so beautiful when you smile." he told me.

I smiled at him and took his hand as he led me back to the boys.

Ashton's POV

I took her hand and squeezed it gently. I was so confused as to what was going on in her head. I knew there was something that she wasn't telling me, I just couldn't work out what it was. I was hurt that she hadn't confided in me, I could only hope that she would tell me eventually. I knew that she was afraid of something, I could feel her hand trembling. Still she had been mugged that's bound to make anyone jumpy.

Laura's POV

My grip on Ashton's hand tightened as we walked back over to the boys and Dale. Luke mouthed at me, asking me if I was alright. I nodded at him, my eyes darting to the floor as I sat on the end of the row of seats. As our gate number was called I pulled up the hood on my jacket and put earphones into my ears. I didn't want to speak to anyone, least of all Dale. As we made our way onto the plane, Ashton gently removed one of my earphones.

"Do you want to sit next to the window?" he asked me.

"No, I'll sit in the middle, I don't want to be able to see the ground." I answered quietly.

He smiled and took the window seat, I sat in the middle with Luke taking the seat on my left. I could see the back of Dale's head directly in front of me. I wanted so bad to slam something into his head and watch Ashton beat him to a pulp. I was still seething as we took off. Ashton took my right hand, and Luke took my left, to stop me from gripping the hand rests. They knew that I hate flying. Once we had levelled in the air, I relaxed a little and let go of their hands. As I sat quietly, I could feel myself drifting off to sleep. My eyes flickered as I tried to keep them open. My head bobbed as I snapped my eyes open again. I was to afraid the memories would return if I closed my eyes.

"You can sleep if you want to babe." Ashton stated kindly.

"I'm afraid to." I announced shaking my head.

"You look exhausted." he said. I could feel Luke squirming uncomfortably beside me.

I nodded. Ashton looked at me for a long time, and moved the arm rest from between us. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me towards him. I sighed, taking in his familiar scent as I rested my head against his chest. I was afraid to close my eyes.

"Get some rest baby, I promise I'll be right here, watching over you. No one will ever hurt you again." he told me. I smiled at him and slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, almost instantly.

I stood in the alley screaming as Dale held me against the wall. He beat and raped me over and over as I tried to fight him off. I blinked, and Dale's face turned into Ashton's. I screamed louder.

"Please Ashton." I begged.

He just smirked at me. I screamed as I awoke.

Ashton's POV

I stroked her arm gently as she slept. I held her tightly, almost afraid to let her go. I felt so guilty that I hadn't protected her last night. It was my job to look after her, and the one time she needed me, I wasn't there. I saw a frown form on her face as she started to twitch and mumble in her sleep.

"Thanks for bringing her home Luke." I said.

He smiled and continued reading his book.

"I mean it mate, if you hadn't of been there who knows what could have happened to her." I told him sadly.

Luke fidgeted slightly and glanced at Laura.

"Don't beat yourself up, she's fine." he stated quietly.

"She's not herself though." I replied.

"It takes time with something like this." he told me.

Something in his voice and body language was telling me that he knew more than he was letting on.

"What do you mean by that." I asked rounding on him.

"What... nothing!" he answered quickly.

"Luke!" I cried.

"Nothing." he squeaked.

"Luke tell me what's going on!" I yelled.

AN- Poor Luke, I feel really sorry for him!! Comments please guys :) x