A fathers love and a killers classroom

"(Y/n). Can I come in?" I stir caused by the knock on the door. "I got your favorite. 2 blueberry pancakes, and a full cup of coffee." I spring up at the words of my favorite breakfast foods. I open the door to see my father with a box of take out from my favorite diner. He smiles and places the box on my desk.

"You never bring me breakfast." "I know, but it's the perfect time 7:00 am, and you're probably hungry. This is an I'm sorry gift. I'm sorry for yelling and treating you like a child. After your mom, and now Barbra I just can't take the chance of losing you. I'm sorry (y/n)." Everything just crushed down on me.

Jerome will most likely get caught knowing my father's work, and if he's gone dads all I got. I let a tear slide down my cheek and I hug my father. Something I haven't done in a long time. "I love you daddy. I'm sorry that I've been so distant. I just... Your work, and then Barbra, and I just-" "shh it's okay. I know I understand. I love you too." He kisses my head and hugs me tighter.

"eat. We're going to be checking phone records, and then tomorrow we're going to look at the crime scene. Are you in? We can get ice cream after." I laugh and pull away from him. "Of course I'm in, but only if it's Peggy's Ice Cream. It's my favorite." "Just like your mother's." He kisses my head once more and exits the room letting me eat my breakfast.

As I exit the room with an empty box I see Jerome slumped in one of the uncomfortable wooden benches just staring off into space. Aww he looks so adorable. I walk over the the trash can which is conveniently place right next to Jerome. "Hey. How you holding up?" I ask as if we just met seeing as other officers are around. He smiles slightly he shrugs looking up at me. "I'd a lot better if you'd keep me company." "I wish I could, but a girls gotta work, but how about after you leave we meet up at your place? Movie, cuddles, and kisses?" "Perfect doll."

I wink and walk up to the top level ready to talk to chief. "Whoa whoa back up. You did what?" She asks with a shocked face. "They let the snake out. The have amazing sense of smell." I say making my presence known. "Huh. Well now I know." She says with a smile.

"And your prime suspects are a clown, and an acrobat?" "Yep." My father says hugging me to his side. "Ain't this one a doozy?" Harvey asks in a joking tone.

Suddenly Ed, and Lee walk in. "Your victim Lila Valeska was killed by a large knife or hatchet, multiple blows to the head, and upper torso. Hello Ms. Gordon." Ed says smiling at me. "Hey Eddie." He smiles and walks a bit closer to me. "How do you spell a pretty girl with only two letters?" I tilt my head thinking "uh I don't-" "Q.T." Ed smiles blushing slightly. I laugh and smile as him. "Good one."

"She was killed at 3:00 yesterday afternoon." Lee jumps in. "From 2:30 to 4:15 both Grayson and Lloyd were in the ring for the matinee." My father says. Shit come on J please get away clean.

"Well how precise is that time of death?" "Give or take 45 minutes." "Still possible then, but cutting it close. Very impressed you guys but keep looking." Chief says. "Yeah boss. We're going to the crime scene later. We're checking phone records now." Harvey says walking out with my father and I.

"Alright! We're going to send the rest of you home now, but the investigation is ongoing. Nobody leaves town. And listen up! No more fighting. Look where your friends are. What good is this doing you?" My father yells to the crowd of clowns, acrobats, and Jerome.

"Hey dad I'm going to go out with Steph. She says she has a bit of a problem. Probably going to sleep over there. You got everything for right now?" "Yeah. Do you want me to come get you when we go to look at the crime scene?" "Uh no. I'll just meet you there." "Okay, but first I want you to meet someone. (Y/n) this is Lee. She's the woman I've been-" "dating yeah I know. Nice to meet you." I extend my hand out for her. She smiles sweetly, and shakes it. "Pleasure is all mine. I've heard so much about you. Your father is very proud of you." Lee says still shaking my hand. "excuse me." My blood runs cold at his voice.

I turn my head to see the blind fortune teller. "Am I speaking to detective James Gordon?" "Yes." My father answers stepping forward. "Then this must be Dr. Thompkins the medical examiner, and this is your lovely daughter (y/n)." He says.

"I'm sorry how do you know who we are?" Lee asks. "My name is Paul Cicero I'm a physic. Lila Valeska was an old friend of mine." "Physic. I see. How can I help you?" My father asks obviously believing he's a scam.

"I sense that you don't think either of your prime suspects guilty." "You must be physic."

"In which case you might want to hear the message Lila sent me from the other side." "Thanks Mr. Cicero, but we're not quite looking at the other side yet." "As you wish. I'm merely a messenger." Paul starts to walk away till Lee speaks up.

"What was the message?" "Lila said that the servant of the devil lies in the garden of the iron sisters." "The iron sisters? What does that mean?" I ask in curiosity. "I don't know." "We'll get right on it." My father says turning away. "I don't think sarcasm is your mate here James. Take the message as you will. Good day to all of you." He says and leaves.

"Okay well then I'm gonna go. Later dad. Bye Lee." I say walking out and to my car. I grab some clothes from my back seat and change quickly. I can't stand wearing the same clothes for two days.

I drive to the circus and carefully make my way to Jerome's trailer. I just walk in not seeing the point in knocking. I walk in to see him sitting at the table shirtless eating a piece of toast. "Well good morning handsome." I laugh kissing his food filled cheek.

"Hey there babydoll." He says sitting me on his lap. "So Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street?" He asks holding up the two movies. "Seems like you're in a murder mood." "Call it getting inspiration." I laugh kissing him and resting my head on his. "Surprise me." I say smiling at my love.