chapter thirty-two

I flip through the pages of the menu, trying to find something that isn't above $100.00. I set the menu down and look around, feeling extremely out of place.

Jungkook notices and leans forward. "Whatcha looking at?"

I shrug. "Nothing really. I just feel so weird here. Everyone's so..stiff."

He chuckles, "Stiff? You mean formal?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. It's like they're all robots," I huff before adding, "Rich robots."

"Well, at least we're not rich robots, right Haru?" he asks, winking.

I giggle, looking back at my menu. "Okay the cheapest thing here is Japchae."

His eyes widen. "They sell Japchae here? Sign me up."

"Even their Japchae is expensive though. It's $50.00."

"Yeah but that's a lot cheaper compared to their other food."

I take a sip of my wine, "True. Let's just both get Japchae."

Jungkook raises his hand to order, and a waiter quickly approaches us. "Could you get us two Japchae dishes please?"

He nods, "Of course. What level of spice would you like, from one to five?"

Jungkook glances at me, signaling me to go first. "Hmm, I'll take level two."

I look back at Jungkook who's eyes are now mischievously squinted. "I'll take level three." This boy really-

"Actually sir, can you make mine a level four?" I ask, not taking my eyes off of Jungkook.

He nods, jotting it down on his notepad. "Yes of course. Anything else?"

Jungkook tilts his head, playing with his lip piercing. "I'm sorry sir, could you make mine a level five?"

The waiter's jaw hangs open slightly. "Are you sure you want it at level five, sir? It's actually quite spicy and most people can't finish-"

Jungkook smirks as I stare at him, biting my lip. "Yes, that sounds perfect."

The waiter begins to walk away when I clear my throat. "Excuse me? I'm sorry but could you just make mine as spicy as possible?"

He raises an eyebrow. "I beg your pardon?"

"Say there was a level six. I would want it to be that spicy."

Jungkook's lips slowly start forming a pout, making me giggle.

"Will that be all?" the waiter asks, and I nod.

The waiter walks away, probably thinking that we're insane. This is why we can't come to nice places.

Jungkook grins, "I see what you're doing, Haru."

I stick my tongue out, "You're the one who started it."

I take another sip of my wine before realizing that I'm already almost done with the glass. "Woah what the-how did I already drink so much?"

Jungkook laughs. "You do have a strong love for alcohol, Haru."

"No I don't, I only really drink it if I'm upset, or it's a happy occasion or something."