Chapter 2

GarryClaw hid in the bushes watching the four kits from a safe distance; at least safe from being seen, but not safe from the paw fist that was en route to the back of his face.

"Ow, what did you do that for?" GarryClaw asked his assailant while rubbing his head the way one would rub their belly to express hunger.

"You don't belong here," StormPaw replied. She was a as tough and cool as she was beautiful and playful.

StormPaw was the head of the ThunderClan guard and being the first female of this clan to hold the position since the brief reign of FriskyWhisker.

"Don't belong here? Do you even know who I am?" GarryClaw demanded of the rookie.

"Yes I do," she answered while holding up a poster with GarryClaw's face on it. "And according to my orders you're not to be here."

GarryClaw fluffed up his coat to look intimidating and stepped towards StormPaw. "Do you realize what I could do to you?"

She answered by kicking him in the cat-shin.

"Ow; stop hurting me!"

"Only if you leave right now."

"Fine, but you haven't heard the last of me or the bell on my collar!"

GarryClaw left the territory grudgingly, and StormPaw went to BlueStar to report on her sighting.

"GarryClaw was here?" confirmed BlueStar. "He's a very dangerous tom. Tighten up security over the holidays."

"Sir, yes sir," she replied with a salute.

"I thought I asked you not to call me that."

"My apologies sir."

As StormPaw left, BlueStar returned to his prior engagement which was working with the party planner RainbowHeart (who was the only tom to have "heart" in his name).

The celebration of the annual Treaty Treat was to be the greatest event up to this point in his reign. If he had known what horrors would come with the event he would have called the whole thing off, but unfortunately for all in his stewardship he was not clairvoyant.

But he was a pretty good kisser.