1

Third Person POV

It was only fifteen minutes into the day, and already Allen was miserable. All because of that one person in particular. Kanda Yu.

15 Minutes Back

Allen walked into his first class at the Black Academy, for the very first time. Most people like Allen wouldn't be in such an elite private school, but Allen was known for being smart, and so he was accepted to the school.

Allen was actually pretty happy about that part. That meant he wouldn't have to deal with Cross for a good semester at the least. So for that Allen was thankful.

His biggest problem though was where the Moyashi decided to sit. Since it was his first day, he wasn't sure where people typically sat so he picked the seat that was angled to have just the right view of outside.

Then he came in. An older looking boy with black hair tied into a high ponytail, dressed in the same uniform colors as everyone else in the fashion of robes, minus Allen who hadn't gotten his yet. Something about it taking time to design.

The older looking boy was clad in a robe-like outfit, the main color was black with red trimming. On the side was the symbol of the Academy, a unique sort of cross.

Allen's POV

I was writing in my planner the homework written on the board so I wouldn't forget, highlighting the main terms. Then, the boy with black hair slammed his books onto my desk.

"You," he said distastefully. "What are you, some new kid? Get out of my seat before I pummel you Moyashi."

"My name's Allen," I replied, my eyebrow twitching in annoyance. I hated guys like him, I hated guys that treated me as a tiny bean sprout. I got to my feet, poking my finger into his chest at every sentence said next. "For your information, I was here first. This seat does not house your name, so you can just go sit somewhere else."

His eyes widened at my boldness, but the moment of victory for me was short lived when he punched me roughly in the stomach. I winced, but I was used to this pain and I held my ground, putting my hand on the edge of the table for support.

"I bet you that felt good didn't it..? To hit me, it made you feel bigger didn't it? You ass," I grinned, masking the amount of pain I felt. Not that the pain mattered much anyway, Cross taught me not to show my pain to anyone.

"Kanda, Yu!" the teacher interrupted before the black-haired man, who's name I assumed to be Kanda, could injure me further. "Principal Komui's office. Now."

Kanda che'd before grabbing his books and leaving, shooting me a murderous glare before exiting. Once he left the teacher introduced himself.

"I suspect you're the new student?" the teacher asked me. I nodded. "Good. You will address me as Mr. Mikk. In case you haven't noticed, I'm your History teacher. Now, is there anything I should address you by, new student?"

I shrugged. "Allen, sir."

Mr. Mikk nodded. "Alright, I'm going to make a quick adjustment to your seat to heighten your learning ability. Please go sit by the red haired gentleman, Lavi."

Said boy with red hair raised his hand energetically, a smile on his face. His attire consisted of a strange eyepatch over one eye, a green headband, black fingerless gloves, white tights in black boots, and a long black jacket with red trimming that ended halfway to his knee. The symbol of the Black Academy was also embedded into his jacket.

I got up from the seat I had fought for uselessly, gathering my backpack and books and sitting down in the empty desk beside Lavi. Fifteen minutes into class Lavi whispered to me.

"You've got some balls to go up against Yuu-chan," Lavi chuckled.

I raised a brow. "Why is that?"

At this Lavi snickered. "Listen. If you make it to lunch, I'll buy you a cookie. Good luck."