FIGHTING BACK FEAR: The story of my grand father.

"Was it not bad for you to practice in this awful weather? Just get in to the house. I will wait for you by the kitchen. Your sister baked for us a lovely bread" He was mumbling words when he left the corridor.

He used to be a soldier in Iraq. he has lost both of his eyes during the liberation war. Even though he became blind,after the war he returned home with dignity, holding his head up!

I remembered that day, we were at the air port when he was returned. it was a great moment. I still remember the day it was the first of March. My special day. people came from the county office to congratulate him and to show respect for the courage he showed in the front line. Theygrace him with rewards like others who returned from the frontline. Even though they were rewarded him with plots of land and machinery's, He were not totally happy.

As years went by. He begin to spend more and more time inside the house.

To day is one of the day in our family.

By the way he is my step father. W e call him ABOY, which means simply father. He is very honest and kind man. He treat me like his own doughter.

My mother didn't seem to care much about my real father. She doesn't often talk about it. I sometimes ask her about who my father is.

"He came here as a refugee. He was a christian and caring man.And your father, he was a very handsome man. I don't really know his whereabouts this days. but he is from a small village darling " That is what my mother used to tell me about who my father is.

My step father is a very wise man. I think he knows many things about my father.He usually used to advice me how to live life .

While I hand him a cup of coffee, he hold my arm and drag me to sit closer to him. He fold his arms and said.

" My queen, Let me ask you some thing. How will you get respect among your friends?"

"I didn't care too much about that papa... If they don't like me I will do the same if they respect me i will do that too. Why should I worry about such none-sense thing." I was careless for the idea.

He move his hand towards my shoulder and press my back. and said:

"It is not the wealth you got,my queen rather it requires a wisdom. it will let you be strong in others face. look My child, you have to attach yourself to the vision of your dreams ; it is not as easy as a give and take game. in life we all chased by our shadows. For some of us life is so easy going, attainable, full fledged and full of grace and wealth. But on the contrary,for others it is so difficult,unreachable and equipped with a seek and hide riddles.

The power for getting respect is hidden inside you. To get respect we may probably expected to have , wealth education, grace,Talent ,....

Lets see the parameter we set. This may help us to come to one point, to the goal we set .

The goal of life is known only in our self. we mark our beginning point and we try to make circles or zigzag lines around it. the end is always drown close to the beginning. ...

Self respect is not ever going to rate along side your popularity, it won't shadow a number on your page and it most definitely will not be accountable for the number of views your pictures gather.. You can't come into a place and demand respect, you cant offer friendship and hope for a pretty sparkle to hang on your wall, you can't come into some1's life and treat them like a bauble that's stored away when the holidays are over..

Respect is what we never expect from those we call friends, Love is what we nurture from those we hold close to our hearts.Remember next time you sit and judge or assume you know, that in fact you just became another obstacle" He seems deeply consumed by what he said. He took his glass an holld the hot cup close to him and dragged me to the point where he started.

He said,"Your grandfather was a wise man. he was here for a summer vacation here with us. he is more of a religious and fanatic orthododx man. ...You know what, he has many inspiring, thoughtfully and lovely wise words from his life, He used to tell me the same things am about to tell you One day he said, " My friend,life makes us selfish in this world, but we have all. the nature has everything. and if you can in thi world don't make yourself an obstacle in someonelse's fortune....When you do that you will have peace of mind."

"I like your grand father he was a nice man. Oh I'm getting a bit tired may be I better lay down my queen."

Oh Grandpa what about my fathers history? I ask him eagerly. I was hoping to get some meaningful and concrete information about my real dad.

"I will tell you soon or may be if I find it i will give you his addrsse too."

"You mean now?" I looked at his eyes and begged him.

He hold my hands when he tried to stand up and told me, "Honley, It's surprise for your birthday."

I couldnt argue less. I walk him to his room and went to my bed to dream about what I heared.

I usually do this. If I hear something I went to my bed and tried to dream about it.

@@****The next day**@@

It was a foggy morning. I was sleeping the whole night with peace. I tried to stretch my arms while I sat In my bed. I went Street to the window and look out side my room.

Oh!, a new day unbelievably the whole Road was covered with snow. Yesterday there was nothing no rain, no for, no chilly and frozen snowy air. to day every thing changed.

I run down the stairs to see my step father to inform him about the changed weather.

His room was quite. No movement. It was total silent. I approached hos bed and tried to wake him up.

HE WAS COLD LIKE THE ICE. I HAVE NEVER THINK OF HIM LEFTING ME FOREVER LIKE THIS. HE WAS GONE FOREVER!! HE IS GONE WITH ALL MY LIFE RECORDS!!