{•Chapter Fourteen•}

A/n: How's the story so far? If any of you have questions, feel free to comment or PM me. I'll gladly answer anything! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
•••••••••••••••••••••
"Jesus Christ!" Leon shouted as the mutated alligator thrashed in the tunnel and charged at him, splashing wildly as it stormed through the tainted water.

Ada leaned over the edge of the catwalk, shouting at the officer below. "Leon, get out of there!"

The enormous alligator emerged from the tunnel, chasing after Leon. Gwen didn't hesitate and jumped down, landing on the scaly creature's back. "What the hell are you doing?!" Ada screamed as the archivist grabbed ahold of one of the monster's spines.

"Saving my boyfriend!" Gwen yelled back, holding on for dear life as the alligator pursued Leon. It lunges forward, trying to snap the blonde up into its mouth and devour him. "Keep running, Leon!"

At hearing Gwen's shouting, Leon glanced over his shoulder for a split second before dodging the alligator's mouth. "What're you doing on its back?!"

"Just shut up before you bite your tongue off!" Gwen patted her hip pouch, scavenging for the grenade she found in the gun shop. "Ah-ha!" She grabbed the explosive and placed it between her teeth. The woman climbed up the alligator's massive body until she reached its head. Latching on to its muzzle, she leaned over to the side and pulled the pin from the grenade. Without wasting a second, Gwen tossed the explosive in the mutated creature's mouth and watched as it swallowed the projectile.

Eagerly, Gwen awaited for the explosion and it soon came. From behind her, she watched and heard the grenade go off and create a hole in the alligator's body. Morosely, it wasn't enough to kill it, but it did slow it down. "Are you kidding me...?" She returned to the top of its head and shouted out to the man who was still running for his life. "Leon, we're gonna need a bigger explosion!"

"It's not like I carry a missile launcher with me, Gwen!" He shouted, avoiding being chomped alive.

"How nice that would be if you did!"

The alligator lunged once more and Gwen feared for Leon's life as the creature's teeth grazed his form. Fortunately, the sewer system sloped downward and the blonde was saved by the stroke of luck. He slid down the ramp, narrowly missing a gas pipe. Unfortunately for the alligator, its jaw hooked onto the pipe and sent Gwen flying off its head from the unexpected jolt. Her body sunk into the murky water while Leon grasped his pistol and shot the gas pipe.

A deafening, scorching explosion rang throughout the sewer, blowing the alligator's head clean off its body into myriads of pieces. "Chew on that, you overgrown son of a bitch," Leon hissed, holstering his pistol. He glanced to where Gwen landed and noticed she hadn't emerged from the sewage. "Gwen, you okay?"

The archivist flew out of the grotesque water with a gasp, spitting out what had made it into her mouth. "My mouth was open..." She said in a high-pitched voice, her tone sounding airy from shock at the revelation.

Leon trudged through the water and past a chunk of the alligator's jaw as he went over to aid Gwen. "Gross." He offered her a hand, mentally noting how only her neck and up were above the surface.

The young woman accepted Leon's outstretched hand and allowed him to pull her out of the murky liquid. "You can say that again... I feel sick..." She placed a hand over her mouth, the urge to vomit tempting her stomach.

"If you need to, we're already in the sewer. No point in keeping it down," Leon said.

"I-I think I can keep it down..." Gwen mumbled, her voice shaking from trying to keep the contents of her stomach from escaping.