CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER ONE:

Darkness. Thats all i can see, im surrounded in it. My bare feet are soaked from the hard frozen ground, snow? If i look carefully, i can see shapes, almost like trees. Im in a forest, my assumption was correct when i listened to the clear movement of the trees in the wind. I start to walk aimlessly forward, i can feel the cold wind against my legs. I look down and realise i am in a pure white dress, making me stand out in this dark forest. I suddenly hear a snap of a stick towards my right, i take a few steps back as i suddenly hear growling and snarling. I start to slowly walk backwards away from the beast that lurks in the darkness. My eyes analyse the area insearch of escape with out provoking the creature. While looking for my escape, the growling gets louder and louder, almost defening. Suddenly red eyes appear in the darkness, full of hatred and hunger. I gasp in surprise and take a few more steps until i fall over a log, landing on the ground with a loud thump. Looking up, i see the creature inches from me,looking clearly at it, i notice that it is a large wolf, black to be percise will evil red eyes.

Razor like teeth can be seen, spit droping to the ground. I start to crawl away with my eyes still on the wolf. It takes large steps towards me, three steps away the wolf launches its self up into the air and lands on top of me in an instant. I close my eyes and whip my head to the side, not willing to look at it. Horrible pain can be felt on the side of my neck, i scream out in pain and agony.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jolt awake screaming ,but no sound came out, for i am mute. Not by choice but by force. At first i thought i had a nightmare, but then remembered that was no nightmare, it was a memory...a dark memory of how i lost my voice. This happened to me every night since that day, that terrible day that haunts me. I wake up wanting to scream, covered in sweat and body tangled in the sheets.

I roll over to face my night stand and see that it is 3:30am. I groan and get up to take a shower, i grab some light blue towels from my white cubboard and quietly open my door and slip out. My bathroom is two doors down from my room, the other doors belong to my younger sister and older brother. I quietly open my bathroom door and set my towels down on the floor next to the shower, slip off my navy blue shorts and grey tank top and hop in the shower. I turn the knob for the hot water and would of yelped at the cold water that hit my skin. It slowly got warmer until it was blazing hot, to which i had to add a little cold water. I poured out a little squirt of my lavender scented body wash and began to scrub the sweat and smell from my body and replace it with the lovely smell of lavender. I squirted out a small amount of my lavender flavoured shampoo and began to wash my hair until it was fully clean.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my hair in a towel along with my body. I quietly walked back into my room and began to moisturise my body with lavender flavoured body lotion. I had special face cream that was scentless and smoothed out my pale complection. After i was done i walked towards my closet and pulled out a pair of black tights, a white sweater that was to big for me and black combat boots. After fully dressed, including my underwear, i combed through my waist length light brown hair and began to blow dry it. I curled my hair with my curling iron, making it frame my face beautifully and flow in long beautiful curls. I applied a thin amount of foundation, light pink chapstick and some mascara to make my sky blue eyes pop. I was finally ready, looking at the clock i saw that it was now 6:30am. I walked downstairs and made my self some toast with peanut butter on, a side of blue berries and a cup of tea while watching t.v. After finishing my food and program, i could hear my family deciding to wake up. I walked up stairs, into the bathroom and began brushing my teeth, then using mouth wash.After all of that preporation, i grabbed my back school bag and walked out side towards my black 1994 XJ 220 and drove to school.

I finally arrive at school and slowly emerge from my car, trying not to draw attention towards  myself. I quickly make my way into the school with only a few glances from some of the students. I make my way towards my dark green locker and begin to grab the books that i need and shove them into my bag. I can feel alot of people staring at me which is unusual because no one pays attention to the one who cant speak. I turn around slightly to see a large group of students i have never seen before, must be new. There was a varity of age and gender in the group, but mostly males and all of them were looking directly at me. All with curious looks except one pair of green eyes, this persons eyes held happiness and love. Then those beautiful green eyes slowly travelled up and down my body and eventually openly stared at my neck, why is this person staring at my neck?

I cautiously closed my locker and walked to the girls bathroom, while they all continued to stare. I quickly looked at my reflection and realised that my giant scar stood loud and proud on my neck, i normally covered it with make up, but over the past few months no one cared, so why shood i bother to hide it? but with those green eyes staring at it made me self contious. I knew my whole school knew about my "accident" but they never addressed it. Just left me in peace, which i appreciated greatly.I decided to not let those random students effect me in any way. I headed to wards my first class which happended to be english. I arrived 5 minuates before the bell was to ring, so i sat in the desk at the back.Getting bored with myself, i took out my notebook and began to doodle. Just then the bell rang and all the students arrived and sat in their seats, the two desks next to me were empty and i wondered why until two of the new kids took their seats.

The teacher soon arrived and anounced that we had new arrivals, she asked that they stand up and say their names and where they came from. The one that sat next to my right stood up and introduced himself.

" My name is Luke Spane and this is my brother Connor and we have moved here along with our friends, from England.'

His british accent was clear and had all the girls swooning. They flashed everyone a grin and sat down. The teacher began the lesson, talking about poetry. The boy on my right, known as Luke, turned to me,smiled showing off his dimples.

"Hey, im Luke.... and you are?"

He held out his hand,wanting to shake my hand as a greeting.He was attractive and i could just tell that he knew it too. He had golden blonde hair and blue eyes, his brother Connor had golden hair aswell, but had chocolate brown eyes. I smiled politely at him,did a slight nod of my head and turned back to my drawing. Out of the corner of my eye, i could see him frown and turn to his brother, who was giving him a questioning look. One of the bleach, blonde, barbie type girl,  who was swooning over him earlier send him a note. His eyes roamed over the note, he then looked at me, then replied to the note and sent it back to wanna be barbie.This happended all throughout class. It was clear that the letter was about me, but i wasnt bothered in the slightest.

After class,i slowly left the class room making my way down the passage way, when i saw Luke and Connor run towards another male, who was extremly tall. I kept walking,until they all suddenly turned to face me at the exact same time. The boy they were talking to was very handsome, with spikey pitch black hair and green eyes, the same green eyes i saw earlier. He had a slim but muscular body, his aura screamed dangerous and at the same time was calling to me. He soon started taking long strides towards me while i took steps backwards. When he saw this, he gave me a threatening look but that wasnt going to stop me. He soon figuered that out and then he ran towards me in blinding speed and did the unthinkable...