The Upside of Text Talk

A/N: Hey guys, this is a little fanfiction my wifey/friend wrote. You don't really need to know anything about wicked to read this! :) Just a bit of humor! xx

*Buzz buzz*

Elphaba looked up from her book and took out her bedazzled pink phone...Galinda's doing...of course!

"Hi Elphie"

Elphaba raised an eyebrow and looked over at Galinda sitting on her own bed.

"Glin, I'm 3 feet away from you...couldn't you have said that out loud?"

Elphaba sent the message and then looked over at the blonde, who was staring at her own pink bedazzled phone. She watched Galinda type her message and then place the phone back in her lap before her own phone buzzed.

"Elphie....I have a question"

"Okay...ask anything my sweet"

Elphaba sent the message and looked back over at the blonde. Galinda hesitated before typing back her message painfully slow. Elphaba's curiosity was at its peak.

"wud u b my gf?!"

Elphaba stared at the text, then up at her roommate, who was playing with the hem of her dress, then back at her phone screen.

She blinked, she scratched her head, she cleaned her glasses, and she squinted.

"Glin, that doesn't make sense....don't you use autocorrect?!"

Elphaba sent the message and watched her roommate, who once again was replying painfully slow. Finally, after what felt like hours...which in reality, if Elphaba was honest was really only seconds...bordering on a minute...if she was lucky...she got a reply.

"Elphie, ily&i want u2b my GF...plz?!"

Elphaba was really confused now...'She knows I can’t text talk!' what was an 'ily' and what was a 'GF'?! ... Maybe it's an abbreviation...for......Gross Face?! Galinda thinks I'm a......GROSS FACE?!

Elphaba text back furiously,

"YOU THINK IM A GROSS FACE?! Well, let me tell you Miss GA-linda Upland of the Upper Uplands! I, Elphaba Thropp am NOT a GROSS FACE!"

Elphaba sent the message and sat with her arms folded leaning against her head board. A pout on her lips and her eyes fixed on her phone which was bound to buzz anytime soon. She heard Galinda giggle and looked over to find her roommate smiling while typing her reply.

"No, Elphie...you aren't a gross face..."

Elphaba's face softened and she looked at her roommate who was slowly walking towards her. She sat on the bed next to the green girl and let her hand rest on Elphaba's knee. The blonde smiled and Elphaba smiled back before feeling her phone buzz.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Elphie?"

Elphaba's eyes snapped up at the blonde, who had turned a shade of pink that almost matched her dress. Elphaba leaned forward and kissed the blonde sweetly before pulling away and typing her reply.

"Of course my sweet, all you had to do was ask"

Both girls smiled and this time it was Galinda's turn to lean in.

'There is definitely an upside to text talk' Elphaba thought as she kissed her "Girlfriend" again and again and again.

 Comment, Vote and Fan :)