Song Birds pt.1

Aerith slowly stirred awake in Zack's embrace as the cool and gentle breeze blew upon them she rubbed her eyes and sat next to Zack. The sky turned dark, thunder and lighting crackled as a swirl of red appeared in the sky Aerith saw this and shook Zack, her facial expression bears the look of worrying and slight panic

I shook his body "Zack..I think something's wrong.." I looked at him with a worried expression "Zack, wake up!"  I sat there worried as I looked upon the sky as it thundered and began to rain "I have a bad feeling..." and thought to myself 'I need to wake him up..quickly' I looked over to him and grabbed my staff and decided to jab his stomach with it "Zaaack!!waake up!" I huffed slightly.

I was trying to sleep and I was sleeping. Until.. I got jabbed in the stomach I shot awake and sat up clutching my stomach "SHIT!" I look over to Aerith, who looks pissed, I looked around to see the place dark and gloomy, thundering loudly and crackling lightling "I think I know why you needed to wake me up now..." I hesitantly laughed earning an angry/dissapointed glare from her and finally noticed the menacing swirl of red light in the sky

The sky fired multiple flares of lighting to the ground leaving devastating scorch marks as an audible snarl was heard coming from presumably nowhere but as soon as the couple looks above they were greeted my a menacing sight, a meteor falling to the ground, the meteor crashed to the earth making a massive crater the both grew weary and got into defensive stances as a gigantic beast jumped out from the crater and let out a large roar.

I was surprised and looked at Zack who had his sword in his hands ready to attack I tugged on his arm "Zack! what is that thing!" I was scared but stood my ground beside him, he bared a look of worry and confusion as I went back to look at the beast, knowing that he'll face it himself "Zack I can help you!" I looked at him from behind.

I looked at the beast staring it down, sword in my hand as I take a deep breath and changed my stance to an attack instead of defense I looked at Aerith and shouted "AERITH, RUN! AND HIDE" I looked back at the snarling beast, it's mouth drooling and snarling, it's eyes filled with bloodlust. I stared at it, my forehead dripped a few drops of sweat, my hand tightened its grip on my sword, my soles slightly dug into the dirt when all of a sudden the beast charged at me.

The beast charged at Zack as he swung his sword slashing the beast, using his spells such as Firaga to attack and  dodging its attacks. The beast had cuts and gashes everywhere, Zack looked exhausted and his breathing was erratic as he charged at the beast a white flash struck the ground.