Alluring Attributes

Young Kyo Sohma sat outside by himself, drawing pictures in the dirt. ‘Nobody wants to play with me. They always want to play with that dumb rat Yuki.’  He thought sadly. He sighed before his ears picked up a beautiful sound, singing. Kyo stood up and walked towards the sound. The singing was coming from another building behind some bushes. Crawling through a small space, he found himself in a yard and the back door to the house was open.

Kyo saw a girl about his age sitting at a black baby grand piano. She had long crimson hair with a white bow in it. She wore a yellow spaghetti strap dress that went down to her knees with a white bow that tied around the back, and white baby Mary Janes. The girl sighed as she finished her song and looked to the sky, to the clouds, showing sparkling gold eyes. She gasped as she noticed him standing there. "Hey. Where you the one singing?" Kyo asked looking at her curiously.

A light blush dusted her cheeks as she nodded. “What’s your name?” Kyo asked. “A-Aisley. What is your name?" Aisley asked. "My names Kyo." The orange haired boy said. "So you're the cat." Aisley said, "I've heard Uncle Hatori and Daddy talk about you." Kyo's eyes narrowed and he frowned. "So what if I am!? Are you gonna make fun of me too?” Kyo shouted. Aisley flinched at his tone. “N-no. I’m glad to meet you. The cat is my favorite animal from the zodiac.” She said softly. Kyo gasped at what she said. That was the first time someone said that to him, ever.

“I’m sorry I yelled at you.” He apologized. “It’s okay. If you're wondering, I’m the fox of the zodiac.” Aisley said drawing a circle on her dress with her finger. “The fox? I didn’t know that there’s a fox in the zodiac.” Kyo asked. “It’s because I’m the hidden animal of the zodiac. Akito keeps me away from the other animals of the zodiac, save for Daddy and Hatori. I’m really not allowed to be talking to you but, what Akito doesn’t know wont hurt him right?” Aisley said with a small smile.

It was silent for a while before Kyo spoke. “The song that you were singing earlier, can you sing again?” He asked. Aisley nodded and waved him over while getting her fingers in the right positions on the piano keys. Kyo sat on the back porch as she started to sing.

If I could capture the moon

And paint a sky full of blue

Fight scattered storms

To light the night

If I could skip along clouds

And hear the wind sing out loud

Rewrite the rhyme

And slow down time

I’d see a world

Where every boy and girl

Has all they need

To live free

Imagine a world that’s kind

With not a child left behind

Where everyone

Could share the sun

Life is only a dream

Dream with me.

Kyo sighed with content as she finished her song. ‘She sings so beautifully. And it’s so hypnotizing. I fell so calm now’ Kyo thought. “Did you like my song?” Aisley asked. Kyo nodded. The two children talked until the sky faintly turned orange and pink. “I guess I’d better go…” Kyo said sadly, not wanting to leave his new friend.

“Will I see you tomorrow?” Aisley asked hopefully. “Yeah. I’ll be back.” Kyo said. Aisley got down from her seat and kissed Kyo on the cheek, smiling. When she pulled away he held the cheek she kissed, blushing heavily, resembling a tomato.

And that’s how it went for a while. Kyo coming to visit Aisley let her sing for him. Slowly, ever so slowly, they fell in love with each other. They thought that everything was perfect. Nothing bad could happen to them. They were wrong. Akito found out, and he made Aisley stay with him in his part of the Sohma estate. Kyo never saw her again. But it wasn’t because Akito had taken her. No, it was because she ran away. Even so, Aisley never once forgot about her one and only love, Kyo Sohma, the Cat of the Chinese Zodiac.