Synopsis

Oliver Queen before his official arrival, is sent by Amanda waller on a A.R.G.U.S mission to the star city, and asked not to make any kind of contact with any friends and family, but besides that, when Oliver simply chooses to wander around in a black hood, spying on his friends and family.He also visits Queen Consolidated, where he first lays his eyes on this beautiful girl 'Felicity smoak', who was probably blabbing by looking at one of Oliver's old picture with his dad in the office, "You're cute. Too bad you're, you know, dead. Which is obviously a lot more worse for you than it is for me."which Oliver finds cute, and makes him smile silently; making him fall for this beautiful girl.When he returned to star city, after his mission, he choose to work in his father's company at day time and at night he was out in a hood, righting his father's wrongs and also protecting his city.

Oliver handling the Queen consolidated, along with his mother Moira, and Felicity working in the IT department under him, creates lots of tension between them; as being in love with her and not being able to tell her, thinking that will put her life at risk, and it will pain him to see her suffering due to him; and his sole purpose was her safety than his own happiness.

Therefore, he simply chooses to keep the relationship professional and keep her away from him as much as he can; but hurts her deeply in that process.