Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Thorander awoke to the sound of pounding on the door to his makeshift house (for lack of a better term) he also heard gunfire and screaming outside and knew something was wrong. He grabbed his pistol and got up off of the metal and foam he called his bed, cautiously approaching the door, readying the forty-five pistol, he opened the door quickly and aimed the gun at the person standing there. "One move and I blow your fucking head off," he says this coldly and clearly, his natural instinct of self-preservation kicking in.

"Hey now, put the fucking gun down, it's Carlos. I need to come in, we have a problem."

Carlos is a small, jittery Latino male, not exactly what anyone would call imposing at a height of 5"10 and a weight of 120 pounds. Which works to his advantage, because the second you dismiss him as nothing more then a nuisance, he will put one of his many incredibly sharp "daggers" through you. In reality, they are just incredibly sharp kitchen knives, but they are just a lethal as any dagger, especially in Carlos' hands.

Thorander moved aside so Carlos could enter, he quickly walked in and told him to shut the door. Thorander shut it as Carlos sat down on the edge of the bed.

"It's the fucking Headhunters man. They got into Alpha-1, they are killing everyone, I'm surprised I made it here alive, I took a few out on the way here, but one managed to cut a good chunk of flesh out of my arm with her knife."

He was too focused on what Carlos had to say, and he didn't even notice the cut that was wrapped up in a ripped part of Carlos' shirt. He only looked for a second before he focused back on the problem at hand. He reached for his gun and the extra bullets and started reloading it. "You feeling well enough to go take down some Headhunters, Carlos?"

"There are way to many of them," Carlos looked solemnly at him. "We need to get out while they are distracted."

"No, that isn't the way I work, I said I would help these people, that is what I'm going to do. I will not leave these people to die. I can't believe you would even consider doing that. I promised these people I would fight to keep them safe. I don't break promises." Thorander stared at Carlos, daring him to argue. Before he could open his mouth up to do so, the door was kicked in. In a matter of seconds there was a spear stuck through Carlos' chest. He had time to mouth the word "fuck" before he collapsed dead to the floor. He grabbed his .45 and rolled to the floor, getting off two shots, both hitting and killing a headhunter. Three more filled into the small house and he shot them dead as well. He had one bullet left before he had to reload, he knew he wouldn't live long if he had to do that. So he ran to the door on the other side, opened it, and rushed out.

Thorander rushed towards the center of Alpha-1 and saw a grisly sight. Bodies lying everywhere; broken, bloody, and mangled. He didn't even want to imagine how they were killed. He heard the sound of a girl screaming in a tent set up a couple hundred feet away. He ran to the tent and threw the flap open to a horrible sight. A man who was clearly a headhunter had a girl who appeared to be around the age of 16 bent over a table with her dress hiked up as high as it would go and was laughing as he thrust into her. Thorander didn't even hesitate to put his last bullet through the head of the young girl's assailant.

He ran over to the girl and tried to check and see if anything, other then her spirit and dignity, had been hurt. But, when he tried, she smacked him, screamed, and ran out of the tent. He ran out after her, only to see a headhunter grab her and slit her throat with his knife. Thorander ran back into the tent before the man saw him. He quickly grabbed the spare bullets out of his pocket and reloaded. He put his gun back in his holster and grabbed a broken and jagged piece of wood from the ground. He slowly made his way out of the tent and yelled at the man who killed the innocent young girl. The man glared at him and started walking, slowly and menacingly, towards him. Thorander gave a slightly psychotic smile and stood in the same spot, waiting for the man to get closer. As soon as the man was within about fifty feet of Thorander, Thorander ran at him with the board raised and ready to swing. The headhunter raised his knife, but the board had a longer reach, not to mention the fact that Thorander swung first and swung faster. The board smacked the Headhunter right on the temple and the now dazed Headhunter stumbled, started to say something, and then fell to the ground before he could get it out.