Chapter 9 - Dear Diary

Elena hadn't heard from Elijah in a few days, she didn't expect him to come running to her but she at least thought he'd have read the diary. That diary held moments that weren't just personal to her but for him as well, he would have some questions or recollect the moment.

The twins deserved to know who their father was. It had been five years and now Elijah had finally entered their lives, she didn't want to prolong it much longer. They were getting older and they were smart for their age, immediately comparing lifestyles with those at daycare.

The heart wrenching moment when they asked why they didn't have a daddy nearly broke Elena in two. It was too soon to have the conversation, in Elena's eyes anyway.

Kahlan and Riley had grown up without the after figure they should of had, instead they were blessed with many uncles and aunts that helped to raise them into who they are today. Elena would love to take credit for their upbringing but she wasn't alone.

Riley was athletic just like Matt and Tyler, they would play football with him and on occasion Jeremy would take him to a baseball game. He was only four but he was a big fan already. He had a temper like most the Mikaelsons, and thanks to Caroline he was draped in designer clothes for daycare.

Kahlan on the other hand, she followed her uncle Jeremy's artistic side, her drawings were better than most, she took great care when colouring in her pictures. There wasn't a time when she wasn't drawing in her free time. She loved being read to, and dressing up with Bonnie and Caroline. Matt and Tyler even put their manly egos aside and played tea parties with her.

They were all apart of the twins development, one big strange family. But it worked and the children grew up to have a supportive family, even if their father wasn't apart of it. She just hoped that she had done enough for them, could she have done better if Elijah had been with her throughout these years? Would it have made a difference?.

It was pointless asking these questions because who would know, no one can ever know what would happen on a parallel path. It's the choices we make that make us who we are. Although Elijah didn't choose this life, he could make a choice to be apart of it. Elena always hoped that the accident hadn't changed him, and life in the hands of his father didn't sway the love of her life.

If Elijah remembered more, then the next step was to reveal something that would forever change his life, two something's in fact. Kahlan and Riley would learn of their father and Elijah would take small steps to get to know his children. They couldn't rewind everything, but they can start anew. They can learn to love each other through likes and dislikes and common ground. The instinctual bond will come later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the night of the dinner party all Elijah's free time had been taken up, his workload had somewhat increased. He barely had time to eat let alone read, he had opened it once or twice and not even gotten past the first paragraph. But today he was making time.

He wanted to remember, so Elijah let the paperwork stack up, unplugged his phone and locked his office door. He was determined to read that diary and it was going to be today.

When leaving Elena's house the other day, Elijah had come up with a speech to tell his 'fiancée' that she in fact wasn't his fiancée, that she assumed a proposal occurred but it never actually happened. Boy this was going to be difficult, but how did he seem to get himself into wierd situations.

He had to hide away to read a book, make a speech that he wasn't engaged and worst of all he was a sufferer of amnesia.

Elijah took a deep breath and opened the diary to the first page, he didn't know what to expect. She hadn't explained what she wrote in her personal diary, only that she thought it would help.