Chapter 3

Before I knew it the day was over, and thank God it was. It had become too eventful; After lunch I fell asleep in calculus and I barely managed not to in AP Lit. Now if I could just make it through this damn detention then I could go home and sleep it all off.
     I continued walking through the empty halls towards Mr. Morton's detention room. I passed one of the supplies closets and suddenly Rachel staggered out followed by Chloe and Chase. Great, I just had to run into him.
    "Oh hi Danny, what are you doing here? Are you stalking Chase now?" Rachel cooed looking at me mockingly. I looked her over and realized what all three of them had just been doing. Rachel's blonde hair was a mess, her red lipstick smudged and her clothes wrinkled.             Looking beside her to the other blonde bimbo who looked worse than Rachel, I took a deep breath and stifled a laugh.
    "What's so funny." Chloe blurted out.
    "Oh nothing." I said with a grin spread across my face. I glanced up at Chase who's brown hair was tousled and shirt was on inside out. He was staring at me, his green eyes held a sad, apologetic look. My smile faded, and my eyes trailed to the floor. I suddenly felt two inches tall, Why did this guy still get to me? I turned a began walking toward detention not wanting to deal with them anymore.
    "Bitch I asked you a question. It's not nice to ignore people." Rachel hissed at me. I kept walking trying to ignore her.
    "Danny don't forget your just a whore that nobody likes! Your not better than us!" Chloe's annoying voice echoed through the hall. I turned around angry crawling up my skin. They don't know me. They don't know what really happened. He lied!
    "At least I didn't have to have a threesome to please Chase." I roared back. Chloe's face turned three shades of red. Chase winced, and I regretted what I had said. Rachel looked at me astonished and began to hurl herself towards me.       Chase took two steps forward grabbing Rachel's arm stopping her. I felt my eye start to sting and I turned back around darting into Mr. Morton's classroom.

*********
    Taking a seat at one of the desk I noticed two other people. One who was sitting at the very back of the room looked as though he was a freshman. He had natural red hair and square glasses that where too big for his face. His scrawny figure and nerdy appearance made him look very out of place. I turned looking at the kid who was two seats over beside me.   Looking up at me he winked, ugh Ryan. Ryan was a senior with me and he was a huge player. He had dirty-blonde hair that was more distraught than usually, brown eyes, one that bore a noticeable purpley-black circle around it; and as always he sported jeans and a gray tee. I suppose he was involved in the fight earlier at lunch. Turning away from him rolling my eyes I watched Mr. Morton stand from his desk, look at his watch and huff.
    "Well let's see, there's supposed to be four of you in here. Who are we missing-" He picked up a small list "-Ryan Durham." Mr. Morton looked up from the list
    "Yep your here. Sean Wills." the pipsqueak in the back raised his hand.                     "Okay he's here. Danny Rad-" Mr. Morton eyed me and returned to the list.
     "Of course you're here." Truth be told this wasn't my first time in Detention, you see Mr. Morton and I go way back, I've been sitting in detention since 9th grade. So Morton's bad attitude towards me isn't anything I'm not used to.
    "Well it looks like we're missing Alec Rider." Wait Rider wasn't that Peyton's last name. He left at lunch because his brother got into a fight, I wonder who his is.
    Hearing a knock at the door my attention left the thoughts in my head. Morton opened the door and I saw the devil from earlier this morning. Ugh that asshole.
    "Well take a seat anywhere, find something to work on and don't talk." Mr. Morton huffed out. The devil looked at me giving me a devilish grin and I quickly returned my focus to the doodles I had been working on. He didn't really look like Peyton but their eyes were the same, a deep hazel that drew you in. Noticing him take the seat in between me and Ryan I looked up at him. He didn't look as though he had been in a fight his clothes where clean and there weren't any bruises forming on his skin that I could see. Let my gaze linger over his torso before I met his eyes. He stare was intense and alluring, Damn he was hot, I let my eyes fall on his lips and bit my own. Looking back up I could see the humor in his gaze, he knew what he was doing, rolling my eyes I turned back to my paper praying this would be over soon.

**********
    "Okay get out." Mr. Morton huffed. Finally. I stood up fishing my phone out of my bag as I walked towards the door.           Shooting Dustin a text asking if he was here yet. I felt a hand on my shoulder, looking to my left I saw Ryan. Great just great another idiot I have to deal with.
    "Hey don't walk so fast, babe." Ryan had a mischievous smile on his face.
    "Leave me alone Ryan." I said rolling my eyes in his direction. Feeling my phone vibrate I looked at the screen ignoring the idiot next to me.
      Dustin- I'm here.
      Me- Okay I'm walking down the hall now.
     Putting my phone away I felt Ryan's touch leave my shoulder and graze down my back to my-
    "What the hell." I spun around slapping his hand away.
    "Ah come on Dan, don't be like that." Ryan said grabbing my wrist and jerking me into him.
    "Let go of me" I hissed through gritted teeth. I felt someone grab my arm and I was yanked away from Ryan. Crack.
     Looking up at Ryan I could see blood streaming out of his nose.
    "What the fuck man!" Ryan roared holding his nose and backing away.
    "She said to leave her alone, I suggest you listen next time." Alec said with his arm wrapped around me. This was all so confusing.
    "Whatever man." Ryan turned holding his nose and walked away.
    "Come on let's go." grabbing my hand Alec pulled me through the hall and out the doors to the back parking lot.
    "W-wait I already have a ride." I looked up seeing Dustin's car parked in the opposite direction.
    "Well tell them you found another one." he hissed without looking at me. This guy needs to get over his power trip, no way in hell am I letting him push me around. I tired pulling my hand away but his grip only got tighter.
    "Hey let go of me." I yelped and without thinking I kicked him in the back of the knee. Letting go of my hand he let out a soft grunt and spun around to face me. His eyes pierce through me and my skin heated, feeling my cheeks burn I spun around and walked to Dustin's car.