Chapter Two Being Found

Six Months Later

I am sitting here and listening to the bull shit answers that I keep getting from the lead guard about needing for more people on patrol. I don't know how many more people he thinks he can get out of me. I've already got seven people on each line of the border. I've rearranged every ones' schedule, had some nasty housewives show up at my door complaining about the long hours their husbands/mates are putting in. I have even given up my sleep to run patrol.

My beta Aaron keeps questioning Malcolm. The only thing I can think of is to push the teens into running patrol for us in the evening and some night hours. I won't risk them dropping out of school just to help out with pack duties.

~Will you pay the fuck attention?!~ Aaron's cold and harsh voice snaps me back to reality.

"Adam we need to train the kids. I need more help on the north border. Emma and Talia are doing the best they can but Jenna just found out she's pregnant and Mick isn't letting her run anymore." Malcolm informs me. I know that the pack is a little vulnerable right now.

"I'm sorry I know we have to train the kids but you have remember that most of them are still in high school. I need to make sure that they keep graduating. I can start scheduling them to start class after their lessons are done but you're going to have to be patient until then. The counsel should be introducing the new pack members soon. We'll train them right away and get them to help run patrol as well." I state.

"Thank you Alpha." Malcolm disappeared.

"He's the last one for today right?" I ask Aaron.

"Yeah. What's up with you today?" I know the whole thing with Cass happened a year ago and you and Addie are still adjusting. But lately you just haven't been yourself in a long time."

"I don't know man. I've been so busy lately, Addie spends more time with the pack than me. I haven't run in about a week. I just need to clear my mind."

"Right. Your wolf has a little anxiety go on. I can understand that. Listen you ran and I'll start scheduling classes. Hopefully my wonderful wife won't shoot me for bring home work again tonight."

"Kimberly must be tired with the boys teething now?!" I question him.

"Dead tired. She's so exhausted but yesterday she kept the boys out of the office so that I could make phone calls." Aaron says.

"Jesus Aaron, leave me the scheduling . I can do it after my run. It gives me an excuse to get away from Betty and Tamera." I tell him. He looks relieved.

"Thanks man. Are you still coming for dinner?I think Kimmie ordering pizza tonight."

"Fuck yeah. I get to see my nephews. Now go home. Let my little sister take a nap." I tell Aaron He nods and heads out the door.

Aaron and I have been best friends since were born. My dad was Alpha and Aaron's dad was Beta.

I sigh and go over to my bedroom. I strip down and shift into my wolf. My wolf is itching to run and I let it. I make my way through the door and out into the backyard. It feels great to be in my wolf form. I take off to the woods. I run out a few miles.

I live in the pack house right now and the pack is very much into knowing my business since everything that happened with my ex-mate Cassidy. Just thinking about her name makes me angry.

*Alpha we have a situation. We have an female trying to cross.*

^I'll be there in two minute.^

Female wolves don't usually go rogue. Why would she be running unless she's into some trouble.

I race to the spot where Levi and several other guards are surrounding. the wolf. I'm immediately on alert.