3. The Mysterious Guy

3.The Mysterious Guy

Courtney's POV

The next morning I was up early and decided to head to the local library in order to discover what certain dreams mean. Sky had gone out at night again. Still claiming to have been hanging out with friends.

As I stretch after waking up from an unsteady nights sleep I crawl across my large bed. Parting the curtains I climb off the bed and head towards my wardrobe.

It is a walk in wardrobe which is much needed for the amount of clothes and shoes I own. I reach for a red tartan skirt, black OTK socks and a plain black shirt. After getting changed into them I quietly head downstairs.

It is currently 8:30 in the morning. I walk to the pantry and grab a muesli bar, shoving it into my black leather backpack I exit through the front door and out the front gates. Dominic had work and Sky was still in dreamland.

I head down the hill and wait patiently at the bus stop. I am only there for ten minutes before it pulls up and I climb in. Five minutes later we're in the town and the bus stops at the town's bus stop and I climb out.

"The library is just down the street..." I say to myself as I head towards a building that looks much like a town hall and enter it. The library is even bigger than the one at the school and in an instant I am full of admiration.

"How can I help you young lady?" The woman at the desk asks.

"Oh! I'm just uh... looking for the supernatural novels aisle."

"Right at the back to the left on the first floor. We have quite the collection."

With that I head in the direction the woman says. When I reach the supernatural aisle I am shocked by how many books there are. The shelf is the height of the library with a ladder so that you can reach the books on the upper shelves. They have everything from mythical creatures to monsters of the underworld. Books about angels, demons, elves and humans with supernatural powers. I gasp at the range of books.

"Beautiful aren't they?" the sudden voice causes me to jump a little. I look to my right and see a tall blonde boy sitting in the seat on the window ledge. In his hands is a book on alchemy and spells.

"S-Sorry! I didn't notice you there." I apologize and he chuckles.

"I seem to get that reaction from a lot of people... I'm Borko Motou. It's lovely to meet you."

"Oh! I'm Courtney Himura. Nice to meet you too." I respond with a small smile. His blue eyes widen for a short moment but then he composes himself.

"You're interested in the supernatural?" he wonders.

"Uhm... well... I just came here to find a book on dreams... I've been having a recurring dream ever since I can remember... all 9f the time it has remained the same but last night 8t changed..."

"Oh... I see... well I wish you luck." with that he goes back to reading his novel. I'm shocked by the sudden change if attitude but shake my head and go back to browsing the bookshelf.

After a short while Borko ends up clapping his book shut, climbing to his feet and walking away without saying anything else. Him standing up made me feel even more intimidated due to how unnaturally tall he was but he was gone within seconds.

"What a weirdo.." I mutter. "If these are organized in alphabetical order... I guess D would be up the ladder..." I observe as I walk over to the ladder and begin my ascent up it. Sure enough, right on the second highest shelf is a row of books starting with the letter D.