f i f t e e n - i wish i could tell you

she says she's alone,
but she knows she's in l o v e . . .

▪️▫️▪️

I'm pleasantly surprised with how well this night is going. I was wrong about school dances; with the right people, they can be really fun.

It's almost 9 o'clock now, so there's only another hour and a half until the dance is over. Then I have no idea what we've got planned for after this, but I'm sure we'll figure something out. With Blair here, she's bound to come up with a plan.

A shitty song is playing right now, so Blair and I decided to step off the dance floor for a little bit and chill out. We're standing off to the side, observing everyone else around us and drinking some water.

Josh and Matt are across the room with Rick, Dan and Michael. They've been talking for awhile and it seems like they're having fun, which is good. It also seems like as I've grown closer with Josh, Matt has grown closer with their friend group as well. I like it though because I always feel bad for him having to be with Blair and I all the time. Now at least he has some guy friends to hang around with.

The DJ muttered something over the speakers as the song changed, and Blair and I rolled our eyes. Another shitty song.

That's the only thing about our school events – they can never get good music.

"I'm about to pull the aux cord from him and be DJ myself," Blair grumbled, taking a sip from her cup.

"Please do it," I laughed along, my smile quickly disappearing. I shifted my weight from one leg to the other, doing that a few times from being so antsy. I fumbled with my fingers that aren't holding my drink and continued not being able to stand still. I've been like this all night and I had a realization a little bit ago as to why I'm a restless mess.

I could see Blair staring at me out of the corner of my eye, but I kept my focus on our classmates dancing in front of us.

"What's up with you? You've been so fidgety all night," she chuckled.

"I need to have sex."

She nearly spat out her water at my honest confession, choking a little as I turned to pat her on the back. I laughed at her reaction, but didn't deny it.

"What?" She coughed, shaking her head.

"I have not done anything with a guy in like, two months. I haven't kissed anyone, touched anyone, gotten laid, whatever," I spoke quickly and quietly, trying not to let people hear our conversation.

A devilish grin spread across her face and she wiggled her eyebrows. I just rolled my eyes because I know what's coming next.

"Why don't you do it tonight with Josh?" She nudged my side a few times.

"No," I immediately rejected. "No way."

"Well then I don't know what to tell you," she sang, shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't know what to do either," I whined. "I am so sexually frustrated right now."

She didn't say anything at first. She just continued to stare at me with her eyebrows raised high and a smirk on her face. I stared back knowingly, then looked away.