seventy two hours later

an// here's something that a few people requested:)

__________________

it had been 36 hours since Sean had left for Denmark. he had enjoyed his stay so far, his class had gone really well that afternoon, and everyone had been very welcoming. They had even invited him to join them for dinner that night, which he happily accepted. Despite this, he kept finding himself thinking about home throughout the day, and how much he wished to be back in LA. From his spot on the small couch in his hotel room, Sean picked up his phone from beside him, flipping to the clock app. After checking the local time back home, and a deep breath, he easily found her contact and pressed facetime.

the screen rang a few times before the small girls face appeared.

"Hey weirdo." he smiled at the screen, noticing the darkness of her room.

"hey lewser." she replied, a yawn escaping her mouth, followed by a short giggle.

"hows my girl doin?" he asked softly, taking time to admire her features in the dim lighting. Her eyes sparkling lowly from what sean assumed to be the lamp on her bedside.

"I'm doing alright, I miss you." Kaycee sighed, leaning back into the pillows that sat on her bed.

"I miss you too kayc." he started, pushing his hair back slightly, only to have it fall back to the same place, earning a soft laugh from Kaycee. "only 36 more hours til i come home." 

"yep." she smiled, a hint of sadness on her face.

"what's wrong?" Sean asked, noticing her unusually sombre demeanour. She took a few deep breaths as if keeping back a flood before answering quietly

"I cant sleep sean, i wish you were here with me."

"honestly kayc, I wish I was there. I love travelling, you know that. I just wish that it didn't mean i had to leave you behind." 

"can you stay on with me?" he heard her whisper after a few moments. He smiled, nodding slowly.

"of course." her face eased at his response, the flood calming. she moved down under her covers, placing her head on the pillow. The phone was positioned so that she was facing it, laying on her side.

"could you sing for me?" she said, sticking her bottom lip out and making her eyes big and sad.

"oh kayc, I don't know." he laughed softly, shaking his head.

"please shamu.." she begged.

"alright. you're lucky I can't say no to you." he caved, chuckling at the pleased expression on her face.

Is this all we get? One short life
Tell me we got time
I saw a world without you there
Somehow, you were mine

He sang, watching the small smile appear on her face as she recognized the Meghan Trainor song they had just recently filmed the music video for. 

And no, please don't go
Please don't go and leave me alone
Don't wanna give my heart to someone new
Won't be anybody after you
And even if one day, our time is through
Won't be anybody after you
After you
I'll never find another lover after you

Slowly, he smiled as the girl on the other side of the screen, the other side of the world, closed her eyes, her breathing becoming more and more regular.

I don't wanna give my heart to someone new
There won't be anybody after you
And even if one day, our time is through, whoa
Won't be anybody after you
After you, oh, after you
I'll never find another lover after you