[Fourteen]

**

**

"Stupid is knowing the truth,
Seeing the truth,
But still believing the lies."

**

"Why couldn't you tell me about the vampires?" Brenna asked Embry as the two sat in her bedroom. Charlie was at work, Bella was gone to Jake's, and Embry had just got off his shift of patrolling. He had decided to stop by and see if Brenna was okay because he hadn't heard from her in a while. He figured she had found out the news by now and was either in shock or scared. To be honest, she was acting cool and collected but she was a little scared about these types of demons. "I think I would've rather heard it from you." Brenna added with a small laugh as the two lay on the bed. Well, Embry was laying down and she was straddling his waist.

"I'm sorry." Embry mumbled as he placed his hands on Brenna's hips. The girl couldn't quite place it, but something about the two of them just felt right to her. Almost like it was meant to be, which she knows that she shouldn't talk about it because she wasn't sure how he felt about long term. "Does it bother you that Bella didn't tell you about them?"

Brenna's eyebrows furrowed as she looked at Embry confused. She knew that Embry told her that Bella knew, but she thought that he may be mistaken. After all, she didn't seem to know about wolves because they were a "cult" and "on drugs" to the pale girl. "What do you mean?" She asked as Embry sat up a bit.

"Bren, the cullen's were cold ones." Embry spoke up. Brenna froze in shock. But slowly it was starting to make sense, everything that Bella had said. The possibility that it's why they left town, it came together and Brenna felt stupid for just assuming that they were utterly pale like everyone at forks. Mainly because she had noticed their eyes change color a bit. She didn't think anything of it though, she just thought they acted weird.

Brenna sighed, "well, that's great... and my sister even knew." The younger swan scoffed as she locked eyes with Embry. "Anything else I should know?" She asked. She just wanted to know everything and not have to wonder about anything else. Since she knew, she wanted to stay in the loop.

Embry's body tensed at what he was fixing to tell her. He wanted her to know so she wouldn't feel betrayed in the future. "Bren, us wolves do this thing..." he trailed off as he sat up against the headboard of the bed. "It's called imprinting. It's-we find our soulmate... and we imprint on them." He stuttered as Brenna have him a slightly confused look. "Basically, our imprint is our gravity. and it's really just who we're meant to be with, we just know for sure because of the imprinting bond."

"You imprinted on me?" Brenna asked as she sent Embry a small smile. The boy nodded not knowing what to expect. He tried to explain it but he was way too nervous right now and he knew he'd find the right words later. "Is the imprint like the person you were always suppose to be with? So even if you weren't a wolf... we would've ended up together eventually?" Brenna asked.