3) Secrets Cannot Be Kept From Allah

It's weird, isn't it? How muslims commit sins, thinking they will get away with it? When they know they won't. Because Allah, can hear, see and knows everything, so it's pointless, trying to be sly and keeping secrets. Allah knows everything. You can't hide anything from him.

Yet Safwan seems too, once again when I woke up this morning he was talking to 'Rose'.

I woke up and my tummy growled from hunger. The rest of my friends weren't awake. Fatima obnoxiously snoring. Haha, oh, how I adore my weird friends.

I put on my scarf and go downstairs. Safwan might be around, and the last thing that I want him to see, is my hair.

I get milk out and some weetabix.

I hear Safwan's voice from the T.V Room.

"Babe, I know - Muffling - Miss you too - Muffling - Haha, I love you so much - Muffling - Yeah, we need to get married - Muffling - Whenever you're ready babe - Muffling - Bye Love." He hangs up.

Marriage?! He's kidding!

"Safwan, can I talk to you?" I ask him.

"Uh yeh, sure." He says.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, tilting my head innocently.

"Why what? I have to pray quickly, tell me." He says, crossing his arms.

"Three Words. You. Rose. Marriage." I state crossing my arms too.

"Wha-How?" He asks, frantically.

"Next time, when you're busy loving some one, keep your mouth zipped up or message. But remember you can't hide anything from Allah."

"Don't tell my Mum! Okay. Rose is really important to me! I know she's christian and all, but I love her-" He starts dramatically, sounding way to much like a whipped girl.

"Woah, woah, woah, she's christian? As in non-muslim." I ask, eyebrows raised. He nods weakly.

"Why the hell are you you getting married to her then!?" I ask, angrily.

"I love her, Layla! That's why!" He responds, just as angrily.

"You know what? Does she know you're not aloud to marry a non-muslim?" I ask him.

"Yes. I've told her before, but she didn't convert and I still love her." He says, looking down.

"But if she loved wouldn't she understand? Wouldn't she convert?" I persist.

"I don't care what she does, I love her!" He shouts and leaves.

Okay then?

What was that about?

But I hope he makes the right decision though.

"Hey Layla, wassup?" Mariam asks.

I shrug, and take the spoon to eat my cereal.

My phone starts ringing so I pick it up.

"Layla, where are you?" My mothers asks, concerned.

"I stayed at Jummana's but I am coming home now, inshallah."

"Okay, Assalamu-laykum then. We're going to a gathering today, by the way." She says, and hangs up.

Right. A Gathering.

Meaning my Auntie. Ugh.

Basically, my Auntie only thinks of marriage for me. She's 38, and keeps whining since I turned 16 to get married. Why? Because she got forced into marriage at the age of 16, so she takes it out on me too.