Chapter 19

Finding Sasuke

In Konohagakure, the now 13 year old Kotomi was walking along with Kakashi. He was silently reading his book as he was walking. Curious on why he's always reading that kind of book, Kotomi arched an eyebrow. "Is that book really that good?"

Kakashi blinked, nervously laughing. "It's very interesting in that matter." He looked at her in a teasing way. "Oh? You interested?"

"Don't get it mixed up." Successfully snatching the book from his hand, Kotomi went to the first chapter, already regretting it.

Slowly closing book and not wanting to read any further, Kotomi handed Kakashi back the book. "I regret this..." Her face was entirely red.

Kakashi nervously laughed. "Maybe you'll appreciate it more when you're older."

"I don't think so."

"Hey Kotomi!" Konohammaru called out.

Kakashi started to tease her. "Your boyfriend's calling you."

Kotomi's face was redder than a tomato, giving off steam. "He's not my boyfriend!"

Naruto and Konohamaru were walking together with a bright smile on their faces. Naruto noticed that Kotomi had a strange expression. "Are you alright, Kotomi-chan?"

Shaking her head, Kotomi didn't even know what she was feeling right now. "I'm... Alright."

"Were you training or something?" Konohamaru asked.

"I was earlier. That's why I'm with Kakashi-sensei."

Kakashi was so into his book that he wasn't even paying attention. A bit annoyed, Naruto exclaimed. "Hey! Kakashi-sensei!"

Getting his nose out of the book, Kakashi looked side to side. "Huh? What?"

"Geez... You're always reading that book." Letting out a sigh, Naruto turned to Kotomi. "Do you want to join us for ramen?"

Feeling unsure, Kotomi turned to Kakashi who was smiling at her. "I say we call it a day. You can do whatever you want."

"I will, thank you." Turning to Naruto, Kotomi nodded eagerly. "Count me in!"

Naruto smiled brightly. "Alright! You ready to lose at the ramen contest?"

"I'm not going to lose!"

Things were heating up between the two that it was even too much for Konohammaru. "You guys... It's just lunch."

***

At Ichiraku Ramen, Naruto and Kotomi were eating to their heart's content. Konohamaru was trying to keep up with them, but they were faster than him.

Putting the bowls down at the same time, Naruto let out a satisfied sigh. "We always have a tie."

"You created a monster."

"True! I did introduce you to this place after all!"

"And I'm so happy you did!"

"Do you want to get another bowl?"

As soon as Kotomi was about to answer, she felt a disturbance in her chakra. Looking back, she saw a crow staring right at her. Trying to think of an excuse, Kotomi got up from her seat. "I remembered that I have an appointment! We can eat more another time! Thank you for the meal!"

Naruto and Konohammaru watched Kotomi run out, both wearing confused expressions. Thinking that Kotomi really did have some kind of appointment, they continued eating their ramen.