Chapter 11

After recently deciding to go forth with their plan, Stinkie and Fatso snuck into Casper’s room. They were at first shocked to find Casper curled up peacefully in Stretch's lap. Their shock was then elevated upon noticing the warm smile written on Stretch's face despite being fast asleep. “Hey look, the lion sleeps tonight..” Fatso mumbled, along with Stinkie snickering mischievously as he referred to Stretch. But then they couldn’t help but to exchange uncertain expressions. “So whaddya think?” Fatso whispered.
“It's now or never..” Stinkie replied with a determined nod. However Stinkie was unaware that he had spoken a bit too loudly until it had woken Stretch. “What the heck are you boys doing? Well are one of ya gonna explain, or just stand there?”
“Hey, Stretch, we're ‘ere to knock some sense back into ya and the doughboy..” Stinkie floated closer to the two while Fatso locked the door behind them. “Wha..What're ya talking about?” Stretch questioned with growing suspicion, hugging Casper tighter in a protective manner. “Allow us to demonstrate!” Stinkie replied, grabbing their nephew from him. Casper by that point was already shaking in fear while Stinkie was squeezing him in a tight grasp, as they had often done in the past not so long ago. “Uncle Stretch..help..” He stammered helplessly.
“Hey, who do ya think you are?! Put him down!” Stretch demanded, but before he had the chance to approach his brother, Fatso had already tackled him to the ground. “GET OFF ME!” Stretch shouted, just after Fatso had sat on him, keeping him in place. “But.. I thought you liked abusing Casper, Stretch..” Fatso pointed out hesitantly.
“Well now I don't, so leave him be, will ya?!”
“Ya haven't been acting yerself since you've been around bulbhead!” Stinkie said while he sat Casper in a chair, digging through the garbage bin he'd brought along. “Oh, yeah? Well I've actually been more like me than you boys think!” Stretch protested, trying to wiggle his way out from under Fatso. “I uh, I.. agree with Uncle Stretch!” Casper added nervously.
“Yea, says who?” Stinkie yanked him back up by the arm. That had reached Stretch's breaking point, causing him to burst into tears. “Don't do that to the kid! Ye’re hurting him!” He cried. He even buried his face in his arms, sobbing for the first time in what felt like forever. “Don't you numbskulls see? He's been through enough without us pushing him around!” His voice sounded muffled. Stinkie and Fatso paused in their previous actions, and even Casper was frozen in shock. Stinkie felt a pang of guilt shivering through him. “Ya heard him Fatso, let him go..” He murmured softly. Fatso obeyed as the guilt had already transferred to him as well. “Sorry, Stretch..” He said, feeling speechless. As soon as he was released, Stretch quickly took Casper in his arms and flew through the ceiling with him without another word.