3. The Hall

Between classes, in the middle of the day, lunch was held at precisly 12:00 in The hall everyday. The Hall as located at the very end of the middle wing, and it was massive.

          Everyone was assigned a section to sit in, and that section was your student group. Hunter was in group 3 along with all seven transfers, so he didn't have to eat at a table with any regulars.

          Not that all regulars were mean and discriminating, but most were. Hunter hadn't really made any friends besides of course the transfers, and that was because they had just arrived a few weeks ago.

         Lunch varied from completely disgusting to slightly decent. Since there were so many students, it was probably difficult to pay for 750 good meals. The worst part of it for Hunter was that they always had meat with the lunches. And since he was vegetarian, he would just eat everything besides the meat.

          Before anyone ot food, the announcements were made. These were normally about who was in the top ranks for each class, or who had tried and failed in the Challenge. There were other announcements, but most of them were unimportant or uninteresting.

          A lady in a sleek white dress appeared on the stage, and began he announcements with the top ranks.

         "General Knowledge: Peter G.

         Strength: Ray"

The whole table of transfers gasped when they heard Ray's name in the top ranks. They all knew he was a beast when it came to fighting and sports.

          He was well built and had jet black buzzed hair. His eyes were almost black, but they had a glint of brown in them. Barbed wire markings covered his arms, which didn't surprise anyone. The guy was a force to be reckond with, and the transfers were happy he was one of them.

            The woman continued on

            "Technology: Gregory T.

              Skills: Noah F.

              And last but not least, we have Soul: Hunter"

             Again there was a mumur amongst the transfers table. Hunter just sat there completely shocked. He didn't really do anything, and he had no clue how the school could determine who was doing the best in the class. He thought to himself that he must be doing something right, after all he was in the top ranks.

          No one had failed in the Challenge since last time, so the last announcements were made, then everyone would line up at the windows connected to the kitchen.

          One by one each student went up to the one of the many windows in The Hall and got a tray. The tray had a meal and a drink on it. Some kids took pills, and those were in a small container on the tray. Most of the students didn't have to worry about medication though.

           Benjie was he only one in the seven who took medicine. He didn't mind it, and nobody asked him about it because that went against the silent rules.

         Silent rules were rules that the school didn't enforce or ever bring up because they weren't anything major. But they were put in place nonetheless. Even though the rule wasnt enforced, nobody questioned him because it could embarrass him, and he already got picked on enough by the regulars.

          He couldn't help that he was small and brilliant. Benjies eyes were a green-blue that looked electric. And the mark on his neck looked like a bunch of circuts, or something from inside a computer. The glasses he wore were sleek in design, but since his sight was so bad it magnified his eyes. So u had these big green-blue orbs staring at you. He was nice though, one of the nicest of the seven transfers.

-------

          Hunter saw Silver stealing glances at Benjie sometimes, and he suspected that she liked him. He had been talking to Bengie a few days ago, and Benjie admitted that he may have feelings towards Silver.

          The problem with relationships at Quin was that they weren't allowed. Even though half the school broke that rule, it was something many students were punished for.

          Punishment for that was mainly oing service around the school, such as washing dishes or cleaning parts of the school.

          Hunter would be walking through the hallways or would be in the outside area wandering around, and once in a while he would stumble on a couple together. Nobody ever snitched on couples, instead the whole thing would be ignored and forgotten.

          Benjie and Silver could work, but it would be especially hard for them. That was because the rules were a little more strict on the transfers then they were on regulars. But that was because of where they came from. Nobody trusted or even saw people from the ghettos, so thats why the barcodes were put on each one of them.