Ten

Murmuring voices could be heard to my left.

There was a weight over my eyes, I couldn't open them. Feeling the dull ache come back, I drifted back into unconsciousness.

Feeling a hand squeezing my own, a weight nestled on the plane between my boob and my shoulder, and voices talking, I slowly gained consciousness once again.

This time I raised my eyes open slightly. A second later, I blinked them open, surveying my surroundings.

Noticing that everything was blurring slightly, I chose to speak out, only to be presented with the realization that my throat was parched.

Letting out a cough, the hand squeezing my own disappeared, footsteps padding away, a second later coming back.

I blinked several times to clear my vision, noting that Ado was coming towards me, a glass of water in his hand.

Confusion settled in, if Adonis was coming towards me, who's head was placed on my chest.

Having an Oh Shit moment, I bent my neck, looking downwards in an uncomfortable angle.

Sleeping soundly above my boob was Bane. The realization had me choking on my spit, coughing.

"Lure, take a couple sips before you try talking."

Ado advises, and as I take my first sip of water, he adds "You've been out for two days."

And with that, whatever water I had attempting to pass down my throat, sprayed right out.

My coughing fit must've gotten through to a sleepy Bane, who lifted his head up and frantically looked around the room, before settling his gaze on me.

His body retracted upwards, slipping his arm behind my back to give it a few hard pats.

After my fit subsided, I started to talk, only for Bane to interrupt me.

Adonis had since left the room, fetching some papers to sign me out.

"I'm so sorry, you hit your head pretty hard, I just hadn't thought before I got up—"

Getting over the fact that he interrupted me, seeing as he did so to apologize, I let out a weak chuckle.

"Bane, I'm seriously okay, I can barely feel any pain. I'm a little sore, but that's probably from three days of laying down unconscious."

Sighing, he replied "I know Lure but I just, it could've been prevented. How are you feeling overall?"

"Told you, I've been asleep for three days, I'm more than okay."

Feeling the need to question him in return, I continued "Did you get any rest?"

Hesitant in answering, he took a moment before replying, "Uh yeah, plenty."

Finding the situation amusing, I looked at him in humour, "You sure? I'd say the way your head found a nesting place above my chest, that you didn't get enough sleep."

Now sheepish that he had been caught, he raised a hand to scratch the back of his neck.

The gesture had a boyish appeal and my body warmed in response to it.

"Sorry if I caused you discomfort, I didn't really leave your side. It was partially my fault that your head was hurt that bad."

Seeming to notice that the conversation had taken a serious tone, he added with a grin "But if you can find it yourself to forgive me, oh wise one, then maybe we can be friends?"