Troubling News

Severus and I were making our way though the school. The Wesleys had set up camp in the main entrance. According to Severus they had gone back to the house and retrieved all the Christmas presents that were under the tree. For whatever reason they were all waiting on me to wake up before they opened anything.

"I need to go talk to Dumbledor. They've waited this long. They can wait a little longer." I turned suddenly for the headmaster's office.
"Are you sure? Everyone was worried about you."
"I'm sure. The sooner you and Dumbledor know this the better."

"Know what?"

"About the Faction." I said solemnly.

The great griffin moved aside. Severus and I walked up the stair case together. Dumbledor sat with his back hunched over a stack of papers. His phenix sat in all its glory preening it's feathers.

"Professor Dumbledor?" I stepped into the room.

"Miss Greyson! To what do I owe the pleasure? You're doing better I hope."

"I am Professor, thank you. However I'm afraid my visit isn't a pleasure one."

"Very well. Severus will you excuse us?"
"Actually he needs to hear this as well."
"Oh. Then sit both of you." He motioned toward the two chairs directly in front of his desk.

We sat. I began. "During Voldemort's first uprising here in England a small faction of pure blood wizards in the states started a similar campaign. Although it wasn't nearly as successful, the faction's plan was to join the dark lord once he gained control here. After the war ended the faction simply vanished. There was no trace left that it had even existed in the first place."

"How do you know all this?" Dumbledor asked not unkindly.

"I know because my father was the leader of the faction. He planned on using my power to take down the ministry in America. But by the time my powers awakened Voldemort had been defeated and dormant for over a decade."

Both men stared at me. Snape looked surprised. Dumbledor looked calm as ever. He laced his fingers together resting his chin on his hands.

"I believe Saturday's attack was just the beginning. Also..." I hesitated. "I believe that Alex Woodson is a member."

"Your friend Alex?" Now Dumbledor did look troubled.

I nodded.

"Very troubling indeed. I may have more questions for you later Miss Greyson. For now go enjoy your Christmas."