Badnight

Daniel's eyes opened to a dark room. It looked to be around 3 in the morning? Nothing seemed out of place, so he shut his eyes once more in an effort to go back to sleep. Then came a crash from outside his bedroom. It sounded like someone broke glass or something. Daniel jolted up, his head feeling heavy already from sitting up too quick. He shut his eyes in short pain, slipping off his blankets and rolling not so gracefully off his bed. Daniel snuck over to his closed door, cracking it open quietly and peering outside. Contrary to his theory of it simply being a maid, a larger man appeared near the kitchen. Daniel gasped a little too loudly, drawing the attention of the man. Daniel closed the door as the man turned.

His heart was beating heavily in his ears, and he didn't know what to do. Panicked, he scoured for some weapon in his belongings. He heard steps outside getting closer. He tore through his dresser in hopes of finding some hidden weapon he forgot about. He heard the rattling of the door knob. Daniel, in his last moment, tore out the first object relatively stiff and held it in front of his person as a shield/weapon of sorts. The door opened, and a large man with a white robe over a white and blue plaid shirt with light grey sweats entered. His similarly striking blue eyes and  grey-blond hair caught Daniel by surprise.

"F-father..?"