Chapter 4

You were beginning to think that your lack of knowledge on Viking culture actually amused all the brothers. Ivar, even if he tried his hardest not to show it, had been pretty helpful with the translations whenever you asked him to. Even so, Ubbe looked much more patient than Ivar, and he was the person you usually went for the stories of Vikings' gods and goddesses, but of course, Hvitserk had no problem with offering you his help.

Which was exactly how you ended up in a room with Ubbe and Hvitserk, with Hvitserk holding his cup of ale, laughing while Ubbe checked the book and kept asking you questions. Ivar was nowhere to be found for some reason, but that didn't seem to bother neither of his brothers.

"And Yggdrasill?" Ubbe asked as you paced in the room, looking up at the ceiling.

"Drasill means horse, right?"

"Mm hm."

"So... it's a-" you paused when you saw Hvitserk raising his brows, as if trying to help you, "Wait, no- no it's not a horse."

"Not really."

Hvitserk mouthed something you couldn't quite understand and you pulled your brows together while Ubbe pulled the book to himself.

"What?" You said silently and Hvitserk pointed out the window, then let out a breath and motioned something with his hands before Ubbe could see.

"Tree!" You said as the idea hit you and Ubbe nodded, while Hvitserk winked at you.

"Okay, good. What sort of a tree?"

"It- it holds...eight worlds?"

"Nine."

"Nine worlds," you nodded to yourself and fixed your hair. "I read something about that, it's in the other book, over there." You pointed at the table and Ubbe leaned back, resting his feet on the table.

"And when it shakes?"

"The tree is angry?"

Ubbe scoffed, "Try again."

Hvitserk dragged his finger over his neck, sticking out his tongue with his eyes closed and you tried not to laugh,

"Death?"

"Ragnarok."

"But Ragnarok means death, right?"

"Yeah, end of the world," Ubbe said, as if that was any different and Hvitserk rolled his eyes, sipping his drink. "You are getting good though, Y/N."

"In legends? I've been reading about them for weeks now."

"In language as well,"

You scrunched up your face, "I'm beginning to understand stuff, a little. But when it comes to talking..."

"Soon we won't be able to talk about you while you're in the room." Hvitserk grinned and your jaw dropped,

"That's what you have been doing?!"

"Yes."

"Don't listen to him, he's an idiot," Ubbe tried to control his smile and tapped the cover "Back to the book."

You groaned, "I'm tired!"

"Let the girl breathe, Ubbe."

Ubbe didn't seem convinced by either of you, "How about the creation of the worlds?"

You stole a look at Hvitserk before you turned to Ubbe, "I haven't got there yet,"

Hvitserk wiggled his brows, "Did you get to the part Loki gave birth to a horse?"