eight

Dedicated to Nikki because she's one of the sweetest and funniest people on wattpad and you guys gotta check out her works. (She recently posted a new story AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR ITTTTT) 

- - - 

Chapter 8

I didn't think he recognized who I was, because he kept smiling at me with this kind of dumb smile on his face. I took a careful step back, wishing he hadn't seen me in the car earlier. I wasn't sure how I could possibly outrun even just one-third of the Hulks. I ran every morning, just to stay physically fit, but I'd seen this guy run earlier and I didn't doubt he'd be able to catch me.

He was giving me a once-over, which probably didn't give him much to look at considering I was wearing my unflattering Go Cougars!! shirt. I took another step back, trying to find a good escape route.

"Aw, where are you going?" he asked me, taking a step forward.

I bumped into something behind me, and when I looked up to see what it was, I saw another of the Hulks, a smug look plastered on his face. There was a telltale sign of a bruise starting to form around his left eye, so I figured this was the one Austin had punched. I exchanged looks between them, wondering if I should just make a run for it before they could actually physically restrain me.

There was a sick smile on Hulk One's face and I struggled to keep my face neutral. If what Austin said about them was true, then I could only guess what could be going on in his head.

He sidled closer and tried to sidestep, but he grabbed my forearm and pulled me towards him.

Because we were in the middle of the dance floor, and everyone was probably intoxicated, I wasn't exactly surprised when people didn't notice how a girl was basically being manhandled right beside them.

I fought against his grip. "Let go of me."

Staring him down, I refused to show any sign of weakness. His fingers tightened around my wrist, but the smile on his face never wavered. I tried to pull away but seeing as he was basically much a reincarnation of the Hulk, it didn't do any good.

"Why are you in such a rush, babe?"

I glared at him. "You are disgusting."

Movement from my peripheral vision made me look away from Hulk One. I turned to the right, just in time to see Austin. He hadn't seen me yet, but his eyes were darting from here to there, searching the crowd, and my heart sank to my stomach.

Before I could look away, his gaze landed on me and locked with mine. He didn't see the Hulks at first, so he probably didn't understand my frantic go away look. If the Hulks found him, they wouldn't hesitate to get on with the lovely reunion and finish the whole chase earlier. I knew I had to get away from them but Austin helping out would probably only increase the chances of us not getting away safely.

I looked away from Austin and back to Hulk One, trying to shake his hand off.

I clapped my other hand to my mouth, pretending to vomit. Hulk One's smile disappeared.

"Holy shit, the bitch is going to fucking puke."

I doubled over so it seemed like I was going to throw up all over his shoes and he quickly released me to take a step back. I was about to sprint away, but then I heard Austin's voice over the noise.

"Red, what the fuck is—"

There was a moment of silence as we all looked at Austin and he looked back, eyes flicking to me and the two Hulks standing just two steps from me. I cursed under my breath and ran, just as I heard Hulk Two say something about Austin being "that pussy!" earlier. I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me.