Chapter 12: Alzheimers

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

I stayed behind to wait for Jihyo while the others were walking towards Seokjin's van.

"Did you get the lady?" I joked and the older glared at me.

"Dahyun-ya, it's not like I haven't seen how you look at Momo!" she responded, nudging my side.

I blushed at her words, moving my gaze from her face to my group of friends who were walking all side by side and laughing at some stupid joke my brother probably made.

"I don't-" I started and she snorted. "It's just that she reminds me of something"

"Didn't you guys go to the same music class in school?"

"We did but it's not that!" I whined as she groaned in frustration.

"What is it then?" she asked moving faster now.

"I feel like something happened between us but I can't remember exactly what" I whispered, playing with the rings on my fingers.

"But how? Like, do you have alzheimers?" she said, laughing at her own joke

"I-I don't know" I whined again, throwing my hands up in the air "When I left I promised to myself that I'll forget about every unimportant thing in my life and move on" Jihyo listened carefully smiling when I finished my sentence.

"So if you haven't forgot about Momo that means she is important to you " she laughed, booping my nose.

"But I don't know her that well and I'm not sure why I remember her, so does that make her important?" I sighed, struggling to match Jihyo's fast walking

"Maybe the person is important to you not the reason" she answered and I gave her a questioning look. "Something happened between you two, nothing too serious I suppose, but you chose to delete the memory of her actions and preferred keeping her in your mind as a person. Maybe you liked her personality?" she explained.

"Thanks unnie" I smiled and she patted my head before moving even faster to catch up with the others.

I didn't join them though, I stayed behind and wondered how could I possibly have met Momo in our high school years as I observed her every move. The only things I know about her are that she's Japanese, her name means peach and she basically is obsessed with them, that she studies anthropology and that she dates my brother-

Then it hit me and I suddenly stop walking.

[Flashback]

"So did you always wanted to study anthropology?" I asked the black haired girl who walked beside me.

"No, I originally planned on doing something else but stuff happened" she said and her eyes glistened under the street's dim light, her voice and expression seemed pained.

"Oh I-Im sorry, I didn't-"

"It's okay Dahyun, really" she chuckled and took off my jacket. "We're here!" she smiled entering the restaurant and sitting down on her seat next to Seokjin.

[End of flashback]

So it clearly had to do something with her long lost dream and I'm determined to find out what.

"Dahyun-ah are you coming?" her voice echoed snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded, running to enter the mini van in which everyone was seated.