✘ Chapter 2 ✘

"All"
——————————-
Guiding the Hargreeves down the corridors of the base the other 33 spectacular individuals shared with the three of you, you couldn't help but be more acutely aware of the different personality traits they all possessed.

While your back was turned the entire time to them, you picked up on a few things from their bickering that you didn't get a chance to observe before:

1. None of them really got along.
2. Five was a bit more pretentious than you imagined, yet found it enduring because he's still outwardly a thirteen-year-old boy.
3. Diego and Luther seem to have some sort of unspoken competition between them.
4. Klaus seems quite detached from the rest of them.

Glancing over your shoulder once after hearing an insult hurdled at Diego from Five, you turn back smiling slightly to yourself.

You felt as if they were going to bring some form of life to the alternate universe you all created. The past 7 years have been solely dedicated to this experiment and you're all so exhausted and watered down. There was never fun to be had before pulling off such a large feat.

You and the Visser twins were the most lively bunch they really had at the base, which is why you all were elected to be there when they came to.

"It feels like we've been walking foreverrrr.," whined Klaus, dragging his feet as he moved forward.

"We're actually here," Hans stated.

"You wanted to show us a blank wall?" Diego asked, noticeably irritated.

The Visser twins exchanged a laugh as you smirked. Hans pressed his palm against the wall and the outline of a door began to glow.

"Is the whole base like this?"
"Yes, it is."
"So, we're never going to get to access anything by ourselves?"
"Each of you has the same physical ability to do that, you just haven't learned where specific rooms are. It's honestly just technology, not our powers." You shrugged, pushing your body into the room.

Stepping off to the side you allowed the Hargreeves to file into the room.

Inside the room was a bed where an individual was sleeping.

They all recognized him instantly and choked up.

"Is that..?" Allison asked, placing her hand over her mouth.

"You see when we intercepted Five's time travel attempt Ben was present in the vortex, seeing that he would have been alive during the time you all transitioned to and was previously conjured by Klaus."

"He's his thirteen-year-old self. He will be aging with us all, just seventeen years behind."

"Is he okay?" Luther asked, breathless at the sight of his brother actually being alive.

"Oh he's fine, he's just going to be in a deep sleep for a little longer. It's best not to disturb him in the process." Jacques answered.

"You can get closer to him," Hans interjected.

The members of the Hargreeves family shuffled forward, almost afraid of the delicacy that could be Ben's existence.

It felt like just yesterday that they saw him, unhappy to be using his powers but excited to be surrounded by his other adopted siblings.

"He looks so peaceful," Allison remarked.

Everyone decided to make their way towards where they entered, aware that they will get to see him once more quite soon.

Klaus, however, lingered a bit.

Studying all of the details on his brother's child-like face, he realized that he was no longer solely existing in his world, but everyone else's.