Just My Luck

I run out to my car and unload all of my dinners. As I hop into the drivers seat, I shove the key in the ignition and try to start it. All I hear is a click. I try over and over. I see Temperance in my rear view mirror and curse my luck as I get out of my car.

"Hey Brennan."

"Seeley." She shoves groceries into her trunk, not looking at me.

"Well can I ask you a favor?"

"Why would I pay you a favor?"

"Good question."

"Well?"

"My car won't start."

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"I was wondering if I could get a lift. It would be extremely kind of you."

"I know it would be. I can take you home."

We put all my groceries in her car and drive to my house. She helps me bring in groceries. She has a sad look on her face as she peers around.

"Are you alright?" I ask as she stares at a photo of us.

"You still have this huh?"

"I never got rid of anything." I admit. I shove my hands in my pockets and sigh.

"I've gotta go. Bye." She runs out the door.

Brennan's POV

I run out to my car and drive off. I go home and call Angela and tell her about everything. She doesn't think I should stick with Booth.

"Honey you smacked him last time you saw him. That's a sign."

"Alright Ange. Well Im going to bed. Night."

"Get some rest."

I get ready for bed and try to work on my book. But I can't do it. I keep thinking about how much I miss Booth. I mean, I wake up each morning, saddened by the cold side of my bed. I should've stayed, but he hates me now. I mean he didn't wanna work with me and I seem like the biggest dirtbag on the face of the earth.