3. You Broke Me

The kiss was fiery, passionate, warm, and Jisoo didn't want to be anywhere else. And she thought Jennie was feeling the exact same way, considering how hard she was kissing back. As she pulled back with a confident smile, her confidence soared, then plummeted down into sheer panic. Jennie looked back at her, smiling and dazed, but in a mere two seconds, her face contorted into confusion and fright.

"What.....d-did you just do?" Jennie asked, like the answer wasn't obvious.

"What do you mean? I just kissed you!" Jisoo replied, voice raising slightly at the sudden change of atmosphere.

--

ten minutes earlier

The two girls were sitting on the floor  of Jisoo's bedroom, hiding away from the small high school party that their best friend was throwing. Jennie needed a little space to breathe and get away from the riled up teenagers and loud music, and Jisoo needed alone time with Jennie. Jisoo has had a crush on Jennie since they were eleven years old, and it has grown so much over the six years since then. 

Jennie could not be more oblivious.

Jisoo has had to witness Jennie go through about two boyfriends and has yet to confess her feelings to Jennie. So with the little liquid courage supplied at the house party (don't drink kids, pls), she decided she had been hiding herself long enough. 

As she stepped into the room she looked at her best friend with a smile, who was laying out on the  carpet, eyes closed, with a content grin laying across her face.

"Jenduekie, you ok?" Jisoo called out as she laid down next to Jennie.

"Yeah Chu, I'm good. You know how I am with parties." Jennie replied eyes still closed.

Jisoo chuckled to herself. She knew more was going on with Jennie, she's known her for literally forever.

"There's more, I know it. Jen, spill. For real this time." Jisoo playfully demanded. Jennie had been all fidgety and weird for two weeks or so, and Jisoo knew it from the start, but didn't want to push the situation. She tried periodically to get her best friend to talk about it, but she only came up with 'it's nothing' or 'just stressed with school'. 

Jisoo wasn't stupid.

She knew that something wasn't right. Jennie hadn't been the bubbly, soft, gummy-smiled Jenduekie in weeks. She hadn't been her Jenduekie. The Jenduekie she was in love with.

"Fine." Jennie sighed, sitting up off of the carpet.

"I've been meaning to tell you guys this for a while now, and I'm  afraid that you guys will turn on me, or I'm going to tell you at the wrong time or-" Jennie rambled nervously.

"Jen, calm down." Jisoo looked into her best friends eyes with care and compassion.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing will make me hate you. And that goes the same for Chaeng and Lisa. We've known you and loved you for way too long. Now calm down, stop stuttering and tell me, you know I'll still love you." Jisoo whispered out, meaning all the words she said.

"I know..I know. It's just that it's a big change and I don't know if you guys are ready for it and-" There she goes, rambling again. She really does this a lot, and Jisoo usually had to cut her off and tell her to slow down and take a breath every once and awhile.

But tipsy Jisoo handled it a little differently this time.

As Jennie was stalling, Jisoo leaned up and met her lips. She was doing something that she dreamt of  for half her life. She was finally kissing  Jennie.