Seven || Run Free

Shade already hated the inside walls of the place in which she had been brought to, theat overwhelming pressure of jealousy welling insider her chest once more at how close Anna was being with Van Helsing. The mere sight made her think about why she had never told Van Helsing about her feelings, why she always buried them when she realised how close they were becoming. It hurt her, she knew she could never have the normal life she had been wishing for, of a family, without hunting the dark forces of the earth.
Sighing softly, Shade took her leave from the group, wandering until she found a quiet room to rest in for the night, the flickering of the candles in the dark room making her feel at ease for a simple moment. Piece by piece, she threw her armour and weapons down, stepping towards the large windows to stare at the moon, blinking in and out of existence from behind the clouds. The white orb reflected in the swirling blue depths of her eyes, a soft whisper tickling at the back of her ear.

"Run."

Evertime she heard the word, it made her heart ache once more, not knowing what the whisper wanted her to do. Run away with Van Helsing? Run away from her pain and never look back? or just give into the primal urge that was always clawing at her chest, trying to break free of the human flesh it had been imprisioned in.

"Run..." She whispered to herself, closing her eyes.

She imagined the wind in her hair, pulling at her as she raced against it, the burning of her limbs as she let the world fall away from her, all but a blur as she passed it by. The soil beneath her feet, molding to her feet as she pressed down into it, pushing herself faster. Hearing the sounds of woodland creatures calling out around her. Eventually a weightlessness took over her, fatigue nibbling at her body until she fell upon the hard floor, breathing softly beneath the gaze of the moon that peered through her window.

At some point in the night, something fell and thudded loudly upon the floor, lulling the werewolf at of her slumber. Somehow she had managed to go from the floor to the comfort of the bed that wrapped around her, trying to drag her back to sleep. Yawning, she strained her ears to see if she had been imagaining things, knowing Carl probably left a window open. Hearing nothing at first, she laid back down to sleep but her nose refused to let her stop investigating, the scent of another werewolf lingering in the air. That was when she noticed her wide opened door, wet footprints leading from the outside to her bed before back tracking.

Leaping up, she grabbed her bow and ran out of the room, making sure to keep her footstep light, eyes glowing a bright crystal blue as she scanned the darkness around her. Eventually she came to a corner in which upon turning, was meeted with a sight that had her own insides churning with the need to vomit. There, clawing at the wall and his skin was Valken, Anna's brother, or what remained of him, the werewolf inside him was clawing free with a vengence as the moon resurfaced.

Shade heard a gunshot, the noise ringing in her ears, as she continued to stare. Dust crumbled from the bullet hole that was left next to the male Werewolf's head, causing it to roar and leap out of the large glass window beside it. Van Helsing ran to the glass door below it to look at the now running werewolf, grabbing his weapons before checking up on Anna. There it was, that burning feeling in the heart of the female werewolf that looked on ahead, fingers relaxing around the bow in her hand, letting it drop to the floor with a dull thud.

Brushing pass the pair before her, she walked to the belcony that Van Helsing had just been standing on, crawling up onto the stone structure with shaky hands. The harsh rain licked her skin as the wind tried to tackle her backward, the dark sky growling with the threat of thunder.

"Shade what are you doing?" Carl called to her, voice overwhelmed by the wheather that drowned her ears.

A hand encircled her wrist, making her look back at the person holding her. Staring into Van Helsing's eyes normally made her feel safe, happy and warm but now she just felt to empty to feel anything as she stared into those eyes, knowing she had to distance herself.

"Shade...let's go." He spoke softly, waiting for her.

She placed her hand gently over his, giving it a small squeezed.

"I'll see you out there." She replied before brushing off his hand.

Taking a step back, she allowed herself to fall off the balcony, falling against the forces of nature that fought against her desent. She took a deep breath, allowing herself to transform, the process tickling at her skin as she took on canine features. Once she fully transformed, she used her claws to dig into the cliffside, slowing herself down enough to be able to safetly land on the soggy ground.

The wolf growled beneath her breath, straining forward with determination to find the other werewolf, knowing she would have to stop him before he killed someone. Even if she was sent to protect him, once the moon sank, he would forever be a servant to his own mind. Claws dug into the earth as she ran, fur matted and soaked through by the rain, puffs of smoke escaping her panting maul, eyes slitted and cold. The wolf was on the hunt, powered by the many memories and emotions that began to well up inside her. Like the hope that she didn't see Van Helsing out tonight, hoping she may be able to leave before he notices her lack of presence, she didn't want to get hurt by the reminder of her condition anymore and she didn't want to get him killed because of it. She had to know...needed to know...if there was a cure out there to rid her of this curse.