Brighton Girl - Conor Maynard Fanfic (Chapter 2 - Falling)

I got back to the villa to find everyone pacing around impatiently. My mum glared at me as soon as I stepped in the doorway and asked 

"Where have you been then hm?" making her eyes wide and folding her arms. "To the beach...?" I replied slowly. "You've been ages! We've all been waiting for you to decide to come back so we can all eat, we're starving!" she said, raising her voice a little in frustration. "Sorry.." I mumbled and made my way upstairs. 

I went into my room and shut the door. My mum had managed to annoy me once again. I swear that's all she ever does! Doesn't she understand I'm a teenager, I like to go out by myself for some space? Gr, she's put me in a right mood now plus Conor's going to call...this holiday has not started off on a very good note. Well, other than Conor. I still can't quite figure out what it is, but there's some kind of chemistry between us; I feel it when he looks at me, I felt it when he held me in his arms. Anyway, I definitely felt something for him. I mean, I'd always loved him as an artist and loved his music, I never thought I'd get to know him and love him for him though. I heard my door being pushed open and turned around sharply to see who it was. It was Lara.

"You okay?" she asked, looking worried. A gave her a smile to show I was fine. She grinned back. "You have news to tell me?!" she said excitedly. I laughed. "Not much to tell really, he's going to call me in abit and we're going to meet up," I said, shrugging my shoulders. I didn't want to make too much of a big deal out of it, but inside I was bursting to let out a scream. Lara narrowed her eyes. "Why did you shrug? Christina TELL ME! Don't you like him? Is he horrible?" she started firing all these questions at me so I quickly interrupted when she took a breath. "He's perfect" I said. Lara grinned. "I knew it!" she exclaimed "So when's he gonna call you?" Just as she finished her sentence, my mobile rang and "Conor xx" flashed up on the caller ID. I let out the scream I'd been wanting to let out ever since I met him to calm me down, then pressed Answer.

"Hey, Christina?" I heard a voice say. Damn he sounded sexy on the phone.

"Yep, hey Conor" 

"Wassup?" he asked. He was nervous, I could tell.

"Nothing much, you?"

"You sound annoyed, everything alright?" 

Aw, he was so sweet!

"Yeah I'm fine" I laughed, "Mum's just annoyed me that's all, apparently its illegal for a teenage girl to go out for some air nowadays..."

"Oh...well I hope I didn't get you into any trouble"

"No no, I loved being with you on the beach" I said shyly. Crap, now I was the nervous one!

"Same here. Listen, I was thinking, do you wanna come down to the square with me later for a drink? I know a great little cafe which does amazing deserts aswell, someone as sweet as you must like little cakes and stuff"

He was SO adorable!

I giggled. "I do"

"Great. I'll pick you up in about two hours?"

"Sounds like a plan" I replied happily.

Conor laughed, oh what a cute laugh! "See you then"

"Bye" I grinned, and closed the call.

"HOW WERE YOU SO COOL? YOU JUST ARRANGED A DATE WITH CONOR MAYNARD! C-O-N-O-R M-A-Y-N-A-R-D" Lara screamed. "Yes, I am aware of his name L.." I laughed. "Now come on help me pick an outfit, then we better go down to dinner or I'll have mum on my case for the rest of the holiday!" 

We chose my outfit; a long, ankle length black dress that was shorter at the front and had a gold belt around the waist, black wedge sandals, a black clutch, gold bangles and some black and gold feather earrings to complete the look. As soon as we had it all laid out on my bed, we heard my mum calling us from downstairs saying the takeaway had arrived. We ran down the stairs in double quick time and wolfed down our pizza as if we'd never seen food before. Both mine and Lara's mum's looked at us in surprise as we downed our drinks, jumped up from the table and ran back upstairs. I had an hour before Conor would be here, so I started getting ready. I put on my outfit and sat in front of my mirror to do my makeup. I decided not to wear too much, just some simple eye liner along the bottom of my eyes and then did a little flick at the side, then put some gold shadow on my lids. I coated my lips with gloss, grabbed my clutch and stood back to look in the mirror. "You look amazing" Lara said, smiling from ear to ear "I'm so happy for you Chris! You better go hurry, you don't wanna be late!" "Thanks L" I replied gratefully. "Thank you for being my best friend" I hugged her and went out the room, waving goodbye.

When I opened the front door, Conor was waiting at the end of the path, leaning on the wall, his arms folded. He dropped his arms and his mouth dropped slightly too when he turned around and looked at me. As I walked over, he whispered in my ear "You look stunning" and kissed my cheek. I blushed and somehow managed to whisper a thank you back. Conor took my hand and we walked down to the square where there was lots of little restaurants, bars and cafes. I looked over to him and he looked over to me, we both smiled at each other for a few seconds, just looking into each other's eyes and then Conor looked down, going red. I stared at him. This boy was from another world...