Chapter 1: Meet The Bad Boy

Nervously, I twisted a strand of hair before opening the doors to the buzzing cafeteria packed with hundreds of students.

I'm Delilah. I'm a sixteen year old brunette with gray eyes and a few freckles around my nose, as if the artist that painted me shook his brush too hard and paint splattered all over my nose. Anyways I was the tallest girl in my old school. I was even taller than the seniors, and actually most of the teachers too. Here's something to know about me: I am a total tomboy. Really. As of right now I am wearing a black hoodie and with a plain gray shirt under, blue skinny jeans and black Converse.

I just transferred here today. There was some issues with my school application so I was missed four of my morning classes, and now it was lunch. I really don't want to be here. It was going to be a terrible year.

Quickly, I ducked my head grabbed a tray. The lunch lady scooped a big brown glop of who-knows-what onto my plate. Reaching the cashier, I fished out a five and started walking over to the back of the cafeteria to an empty table. Before I could reach the table, a short kid stuck out his foot and tripped me, causing me to stumble forward. Luckily I didn't fall, but the kid started laughing and pretty soon all eyes were on me. I sighed and ran over to the table, my eyes darting around the room.

Before I could complain, a girl with straight black hair and heavy eyeliner and bloody red lipstick sat down next to me. She wore a black dress with torn fishnet leggings under, and several skull bracelets around her wrist. "Hey, I'm Katie. Before you speak, I know you're the new kid and you're wondering who the popular people are, right? I mean, I'm guessing by the way your eyes dance around the room."

I nodded. There always was some sort of social chart in every school. Katie pointed to the biggest table in the middle of the room. "That's the populars. The meanest, baddest, yet still the most popular people in this school."

Suddenly there was the clang of a plate hitting the ground. "What the hell are you doing sitting in my seat?" a voice shouted. Katie stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the controversy.

"Looks like one of the populars is beating someone up," Katie whispered to me. I gulped and nodded, stretching my neck to get a better view. A blonde boy had a redhead on the ground, one foot stepping on his stomach. "Don't ever sit at my table, stupid peasant nerd. You sicken me." The blonde spat on the ginger to make his point.

By that point my eyes were popping out of my head. The blonde boy noticed me staring and popped his gum. "What'cha staring at?"

I quickly looked down. The blonde boy was now pointing a finger at me. "Wait, you're the new kid, right? Delilah?"

I slowly nodded my head. The bad boy walked over to me, his eyes running over my body. Taking my chin into his hands and pulling me close to him, he inspected my features closely. The boy spat out his gum onto the floor and nodded with satisfaction. "You're pretty. I wonder why these boys haven't been tripping over their own feet just to stare at you."

I blushed and looked away. Noticing my blush, the bad boy kissed me softly on the cheek before smirking and walking away.

After a few seconds, my blush faded. "Was that bad boy-"

"Also the school flirt?" Katie said, finishing my sentence and nodding. "Yep. You know, these girls in school are going to be so jealous of you. You are now every girl in this school's number one enemy."

I nodded, a little scared, and walked back to the table. This school was giving me mixed signals.