The Poison and The Rope

I was once told, "To make a mistake is like making the right choice. It either hurts you or betters you. Make the mistakes a triumph and you will succeed. Take the rights and better them. Most importantly, never forget where you came from. Never forget who you are. Don't worrie about friends. They come and go. Remember the ones who were always there for you." 

I didn't understand what my father ment when I was told this everyday. I always said, "I'll do my best and if it isn't good enough for you, oh well." I realized I was right to say that to my mother. I am me and no one can change that.

My father always sang this song, 

Drink up the poison 

If that's your last request

Put yourself a rope necklace on

Come hang beside me

Here is where bad things happen

Here is where everything will end

Here is where my final words will be I love you

We called it "The Poison And Rope", it always stuck in my head. One day my mom yelled at my dad for teaching it to me. In school they called the song "A Wish I Want For Me And You."  I was the only one in my singing class that knew it when I was little.

Now, it's forbidden to say. We can't even hum the tune without being punished. My father was killed infront of me. I watched the life drain from him as every scarlet flowed out of his chest. He sang the song right before he died. The birds stopped to listen.

Mom told me that's why I can't sing it. I was seven when my father was killed. My littler sister was only three at the time. My two older brothers remember me coming home with blood all over me crying, escorted by a Cop. He told my mother, "If I catch your childeren singing the song, the same will happen to you all." It was the day we changed songs in class. We got in trouble for singing it in school. I was put on a close watch. My brothers are four years older then me. They are twins. That year was a bad year for us.

The Poison and The Ropeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें