Chapter 14

Ron returned to his dorm sometime overnight

As Lyra, Ron and Hermione woke up they went to the common room.

"Ron you're ok." Lyra hugged him.

Ron and Hermione went for a hug but they stopped halfway and awkwardly shook hands.

Soon the three saw everyone stare at them and whisper amongst themselves.

Neville walked up to them.

"H-hey guys. I-I wanted to say sorry. I-I should have known you...you guys were doing something important at night." Neville looked down ashamed.

The three shared a glance.

"Uh...no offence Neville but how do you know what we were doing?" Lyra asked confused.

Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil passed by.

"Harry is so brave! He fought a troll all by himself!" Parvati fangirled.

"No he fought a demon," Lavender told her.

"Excuse but who told you that?" Hermione asked.

"Everyone knows," Lavender told her.

"Yeah and some friends you all turned out to be. You left him all alone." Parvati told them off.

"You two have to no idea what the situation was like so bugger off," Lyra told them off.

They gasped at her.

"Hermione and Ron did everything they could to help Harry." Lyra defended her friends.

"And what about you? Did you do anything?" Lavender asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No, " Lyra sadly admitted and avoided eye contact.

Hermione and Ron frowned.

Why was she lying?... They thought.

Lyra had helped, she motivated them to not give up and transformed into a dragon to take Ron to the hospital wing, even though transforming was painful for her.

Suddenly the entrance to the common room opened and Professor McGonagall came in.

She walked up to Lyra, Ron and Hermione.

"Professor Dumbledore wishes to see you three. Follow me." Professor McGonagall ordered.
______________________________________

Dumbledore's office

They all sat quietly in front of Professor Dumbledore.

"I'm happy you got the letter, Professor." Lyra decided to start a conversation.

"I'm afraid I didn't Ms. Malfoy. I arrived long before any letter came into my hands." Professor Dumbledore told her with a kind smile.

"Then how come you came back?"  Hermione asked.