Chapter 1

Chapter 1 (unedited)

 LILIAN'S P.O.V

One way.

 Or another.

 I'm gonna find ya.

 I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha.

 One way.

 Or another.

 I'm gonna win ya.

 "Will you please turn off that irritating thing you call 'music'?" I loudly asked over the song's deafening tune, leaning into the smooth leather of my mom's car. My older brother Timothy, who recently had shortened his name to Tim due to the fact that he thought it was babyish and made him look weak, was sitting in the passenger seat, tapping at his iPhone 4 with the beat of the music. I tell you, his taste in music was plain out crappy. I mean, who listens to this stuff, anyway? The lyrics were just creepy.

 I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha.

 One way.

 Or another.

 I'm gonna see ya.

 I'm gonna meetcha, meetcha, meetcha, meetcha.

 I groaned in distaste as Tim raised the volume even higher, ignoring me completely. "Will you or will you not turn off that crappy song?" I asked through gritted teeth. I was short tempered, so what?

 "Hm, let me think about that," He turned in his seat so that he was facing me with a finger under his chin, pretending to think hard. "No."

 "You little shit! Turn it off now!" I was ready to pounce on him when my mom came to a complete and horrific stop at our school's parking lot. The sudden stop had me flying forward but in mere seconds I was pushed back down by Tim's rock like arm.

 "Be careful, would you?" He asked, rolling his eyes with a smirk plastered across his pale like face. I stuck my tongue out at him before scooting my bum to the left side of the car's door. I opened it in a haste in need for some fresh air. I had been cooped up in my little bedroom doing nothing but painting, drawing and chatting with my friends the whole weekend. Sometimes all a girl wants is FREEDOM. Or some air. Either would do.

 A gust of wind suddenly blew through the area and my bright purple ponytail went flying the wind, landing halfway across the parking lot. My silk-like, dark red hair came flowing down in gentle waves below my chest with the sun's light gleaming off it blindingly.

 With a huge sigh I wove Tim and my mom off before starting my walk over to the bright purple band that could be seen just miles off 'cause of its radiant color. There was ten minutes left till the bell rang and the walk wasn't too long so what the heck? I only had four bands left since the other's always got lost somehow and somewhere. I did often ask my mom to buy some for me before she left to go to the grocery store but she never bought any back. It wasn't that big of a deal, anyway. She never listened to Tim and me.

 She had never been the same since last year, 2008. Brutal events occurred during that summer and it had been eating away who she used to be. And not too long ago a divorce was held between my parents so it was hard for her to cope all alone. Tim and I often did try to convince her that she didn't have to go through all the pain by herself but she always ignored us. After that we just decided to mind our own business and leave her be in her depressed state. Call us bad children, but we had no choice.

 Staring down at the band that was now in front of me I bent down to pick it up but stopped as the feeling of being watched. The chill in the air had the hair at the back of my neck stand up having me soon eyeing the area, curious as to who would find watching my clumsy actions interesting. I shook my head at myself a few minutes later, chuckling at my stupidity. I was in high school. Maybe it was just a pervert staring at my butt or something.