The Town And That Guy (totally original right?)

One hour.

One hour since I’ve had that nightmare and I was still recovering. Letting out another large sigh, I placed my robe on the bed and headed towards the bathroom. The bathroom was small and the only nice thing was that it was clean. Digging through my pocket, I pulled out my contacts and leaned over the sink. Carefully, I placed the hazel colored contacts over my yellow-green eyes. When I finished, I leaned back and took in my appearance to make sure I looked “human” enough.

Honestly, I think I’m pretty decent looking. Not too outstanding to attract attention, but decent; enough to blend in with the background. I have almond shaped eyes and a pixie-like face which is surrounded by waves of light brown hair that stopped at my mid-back. My hair wasn’t really brown though. It had hints of light green here and there because of my dragon heritage. Thankfully, you can’t really tell unless you’re looking for the green.

Tousling my hair, I quickly tied it into a messy bun and gave my appearance one last look before walking out of the bathroom. I grabbed my clothes and quickly dressed into them. I wore black pants with a white blouse topped off with a brown belt. Pulling on my dark brown boots, I made sure to grab my robe before walking into the bathroom again. Draping my robe over me and sliding my arms through the sleeves, I pulled the hood over my head and walked out. I think I’m ready to go out now. I grabbed my bag and walked out. I quickly paid the receptionist the money for one night and walked towards the nearest diner.

The town was pretty small. Dirt covered roads, small markets here and there. There were houses and stores all together with people bustling with work, children playing in the streets, and stray animals wandering around streets. This was a pretty common sight in most towns I traveled too. It was in major cities or capitols that I saw large amounts of poverty or disease.

Ah! I found it! The diner!

Food~

Forcing myself not to break out in a happy dance, I quickly jogged over to the diner and entered. The inside was small and home-y. Since it was early in the morning, there weren’t a lot of people yet. I sat down at a table and looked at the menu.

“Hello. Can I take your order?” a blank voice that held little interest asked me.

Looking up, I was greeted by a really nice sight. Standing in front of me was a really hot guy. He had tousled black hair and sky blue eyes. Or maybe they were dark blue. I couldn’t really tell since he wasn’t looking at me. From his posture and body, I could tell he was pretty fit and most likely a fighter, maybe. Or maybe he has a job that requires a lot of labor.

I was so busy taking in his looks that when I didn’t answer he finally looked up from his clipboard to meet my gaze. When our eyes met, the dragon inside me stirred. Well, this is new. Blinking in surprise, I quickly looked away and scratched my head. Err… hood.

Suddenly nervous, I mumbled, “I’ll just have order number one and three.”

“U-um, ok,” he quickly jotted down something before hurriedly rushing away. Watching him, I could have sworn I saw something red on his cheeks.

When my food arrived, sadly, the same waiter didn’t serve me the food. It was just some girl who probably didn’t have a lot of experience because she kept talking about her love life and how terrible it was. In the end, I had to tell her to shut up and leave me alone. I almost felt bad until I saw her begin to talk to another customer about her life. I was about to scarf down my food when I overheard a conversation behind me.

“Did you hear about the rumor?”

“What rumor?”

“Apparently there have been sightings of a dragon in this town, Liyansu.”

“Haha! No way! I thought they were extinct by now!”

“Nope. I’m thinking they’re just hiding. But anyways, you said you were traveling to Liyansu?”

“Yeah, I’ll be going there in a week.”

“Bad idea man, that place is basically a meeting place for Hunters right now!”

“Aw, seriously?”

That was enough information for me because the two men began to talk about their families. Another dragon…

Huh… I haven’t seen one in a long time… Maybe I should give that place a visit.

Scarfing down my food, I quickly paid for my food and left. In the back of my mind, I vaguely wondered if I would be able to see that hot waiter again.

“Hey! Wait! You forgot your bag!”

Turning around, I came face to face with hot waiter guy. Well, speak of the devil.

“Your bag,” he held up a brown messenger bag.

Hey… that looks like… I patted down my sides for my bag and came up with nothing. Oh. That must be my bag.

“Oh, thank you,” I tentatively took the bag from his hand, “I don’t know what I would have done without my bag.”

“You’re welcome. Are you a traveler?” he asked curiously, “Not to be creepy or anything! You just don’t look like a local here.”

Smiling a bit, I nodded, “Yeah. I’m actually headed for Liyansu. Do you happen to know how to get there?”

Hot waiter guy looked like he was about to say something before he changed his mind. He nodded his head, “Yeah! I’m headed there myself. If you want, we can travel together?”

Giving him a look over, I made sure that he didn’t look like a threat. If was one of the Hunters and he found out who I am, I’m pretty sure I could easily kill him or injure him enough to get away. Besides, what did I have to lose? Besides possibly finding another dragon that’s alive besides me?

Grinning, I nodded in agreement, “Sure!”

“Great,” he smiled and held his hand out, “My name is Xain Dusk.”

Shaking his hand, I smiled back politely, “Zheme Dunya.”

“Interesting name.”

“Yours too.”

“Touché.”

“I think we’re going to get along fine.”

“Couldn’t agree more. Are you set to go?”

“Yeah.”

“Great, I’ll meet you at the northern entrance in an hour then.”

Grinning, I waved goodbye, and jogged to the north. Hopefully, this won’t be a decision I’ll regret. But oh, man. Xain. I got myself a wonderful man-candy. Doing awesome Zheme, doing awesome. Keep it up. Maybe in the future I’ll have a harem of more hot men.  

____________________________________________________

HOW WAS IT? GOOD? YAY~ I completely edited this and changed the story, so yeah. Don't hurt me. <3