1

Abby Olinsky Pov

I arrived at Chicago Police Department, when I was stopped by Sergeant Platt. Holding her hand in front of my chest, preventing me from going any further.

Platt.... Where do you think you're going?

Abby.... Um—okay, okay. I know I'm late Sg, but I promise it's—

Platt.... You can make it up to me.

Abby.... How?

Platt.... Coffee, and lunch for an entire week and I'll let this slide. Also, you left the tag on. She said, pulling off the tag of my new sweater.

 She said, pulling off the tag of my new sweater

Abby.... Thanks, I'll do it, lunch on me Platt. I said winking as I ran upstairs.

When I signed in, I took off my jacket and went straight to the kitchen to see Erin and Jay talking. Stopping next to Jay, I took a cup and Erin poured me some which made me smile. As I took a sip, of the strong coffee.

Abby.... Awe, yes, just what I needed.

Jay.... It's like you didn't have coffee in a while.

Abby.... To be honest I didn't, Jeana my roommate is on this cleanse and I had to go on it with her. I kept my promise and yesterday was the last day, now come what may all junk food and everything I need to get through the day. This here, this coffee is my new best friend.

Erin.... I thought I was your best friend.

Abby.... Human wise, yes you are my girl best friend. But if I had to choose that title goes to Jay here.

Jay.... Really, and it's not because I'm helping you look for a new apartment?

Erin.... What, your moving?

Abby.... Okay yes, I can't stand living with Jeana anymore. She's sweet and honest, but I can't go on these cleanses anymore. I don't need to go on them, yes, they are healthy but still I need to eat proper food instead of eating fruits, vegetable and salads everyday for an entire month. So, please, please help me.

Erin.... Okay, okay. Anyway, Caitlin was asking about you Jay.

Jay.... O yeah, tell her I say hi.

Erin.... So, no interest on your part?

Jay.... She's super sweet, but—my loss.

Abby.... Huh.

Jay.... Huh, what?

Abby.... Nothing, I was just thinking.

Erin.... You, I am never setting you up again. She said pointing towards Jay.

Jay.... What why not?

Erin & Abby.... Because, you don't know a good thing when you see it. Erin and I both said smiling at Jay's, confused face.