The Last Dragons

Ok, I've completely edited this. 

________________________________

You're a disgrace.

Go kill yourself.

You're worthless.

Waste of space.

"No...stop..." my hands gripped at my dark green hair.

You're a mistake.

"No.. no..." tears dripped from my bright amber eyes.

I hate you.

"NO!" A roar rang out among the trees causing birds to fly away.

Soft sobbing was heard as silence began to settle. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

Blood. There was blood everywhere. The smell of rusting iron invaded my senses, causing me to blanch.   

Why... why did it come down to this?

"I cared for you! I GAVE YOU LIFE!" A scream echoed throughout the house. Her once beautiful brown eyes filled with hate, "How dare you. You're a disgrace to our family!" Her bloodied hand sliced through the air and pain surrounded my cheek.

"I'm so sorry mommy.. I didn't mean to.. I'm so sorry..." I blubbered, tears pouring out of my eyes.

She glared at me, as she too, sobbed as she clutched the lifeless body of her husband. Hours passed like this, and soon silence surrounded the air before she spoke again, "You're not my daughter."

My head shot up and I whimpered, "Mommy?"

"I never gave birth to you. You were supposed to die. I- no. We found you. We found you on the brink of death. And you know what else?" she began laughing, "You weren't even human! You were in the form of a fucking dragon! And you know what else? I never loved you! You were never my child anyways! The only reason I put up with you was because of his obsession with dragons!"

She stopped before glaring at me as she stood up, her voice filled with hate as it increasingly grew louder, "Now he's gone! BECAUSE OF YOU! I HATE YOU!"

"Mommy! You're scaring me mommy!" I sobbed as I fearfully scooted back until my back hit the wall.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!" she lunged at me, grabbing my throat. 

"NO!" I sat up, panting. Cold sweat covered my body. It's been a long time since I had that nightmare. Groaning, I stood up and looked at my surroundings before remembering where I was. I was in a hotel room that I had decided to stay for a while before traveling again. Grabbing my messenger bag, I shakily pulled out my black robe, still recovering from my nightmare.

Pulling the robe around me and the hood over my head, I slipped on my black combat boots and sighed. 

Looking in the mirror and taking in my apperance, I gave a shaky grin.

Sometimes it was hard to believe that I was a dragon.