Prologue

I stumbled down the dark and lonely street. Through the pounding rain. My left arm and stomach was burning from intense pain.

Falling onto my chest my blonde hair drooped over my pale and bloodied face as I grasped for breath. My weary blue eyes looked back and forth for someone to help me. After a long painful time in the gutter I'd given up hope, no one was there. I was alone.

Closing my eyes, I waited for the inevitable. It wasn't how anyone would want to die; cold and alone. Only the pitter pater of rain and echoing thuds to keep me company.

Wait, those echoing thuds were getting closer. They sounded like footsteps.

Rolling over slightly, so I was on my back, I could see a dark haired man dressed in a black cape. A funny sensation came over me and a distant voice muttered the name "S-Severus..." That voice had been my own.

He turned down to look at me. His eyes were the same colour as his greasy hair and his face was as pale as mine but where mine held suffering his held no emotion.

He came over and put his hand under my head "what happened child? How do you know my name?" he questioned in a gruff demanding voice, but all I could say was "Severus...Severus" until everything went black.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Author's Note:

Hi, can I just say this is my first fanfic and I do not want any bad comments or hate on this. This is for my own fun.

So I hope you like it and enjoy!

-Abbie xxx