| Prologue. |

The dispatcher was greeted with silence. An eerie silence. A silence that made her roll her eyes in annoyance as she came to the conclusion that she had just answered yet another prank call. It was already bad enough that it was the graveyard shift for the call taker. 12:01 to be precise, and though it wasn't unusual for somebody to call the emergency services, well, without an emergency, she still felt off. Like this wasn't your average phone call.

Therefore, she held her attitude, repeating herself rather than getting frustrated. After all, it was her job to remain calm. So, she did. "Hello? Is anyone there? What's your emergency?"

She was prepared to hang up after another full minute of silence. But just when she went to click over, she heard him. A teenager. His voice squeaky and still full of childlike manner, as there was a small crack in his tone. Definitely not an adult. "They're in there."

"Who? Who's in where?" Happy to finally receive a response, she typed on her keyboard, going to pull more information out of the caller to send help right away.

"The man and his daughter. They're in the house," His words were simple. As the phone call. But still, something wasn't right. No. Everything was off. She could feel it in her gut. Thus, she ceased her typing, pulling the headset closer to her ears so she could hear him fully and clearly as he continued to repeat the phrase over and over. "They're in the house."

"And what's the problem with that?"

He responded with yet another pause. One of those pauses that made your skin crawl. Make your heart skip a beat. Made you question life after. A pause that was much better than what he said next.

"The problem is, I set it on fire."

*       *       *

Cast photos and book trailer in the mm. c;