Screwing SYCO: Chapter 3- SOA Save Our Asses

I was laughing hysterically as we staggered out of McDonald’s. The boys had held a competition to see who could eat the most hamburgers. We weren’t surprised when Niall put away nine burgers, but I ate seven and surprised everyone by coming in second place.

“Where do all they go?” asked Zayn, amazed. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Harry staring at my boobs. I gave him a well-deserved punch in the arm, and noticed that the top button of my blouse had come undone. I quickly buttoned up my top while the rest of the boys chuckled.

“Fuck you…” I mumbled, embarrassed.

“Hey Rach,” Louis said, “Me and the boys are heading out tonight and we wanted to know if you wanted to come. You know like, getting to know each other better kinda stuff.”

“Sure!” I said. I was really glad that they liked me and wanted to spend more time with me. But there went our professional relationship. “There’s a really great club over near the office, Avalon. Do you guys want to go there?”

“That sounds great!” said Niall.

“We’ll get a car to pick you up,” Louis said.

“Thanks,” I said. While Louis drove us back to the office, I exchanged number with the boys.

“And Rachel,” Louis said, shutting the doors and throwing the keys back to her. I reached up and caught them with one hand.

“Don’t tell Paul about this. It’ll really save our asses. It’s always better when they find out after,” he said with a wink. I rolled my eyes. I knew enough not to snitch.

“We’re friends…” I said, returning his wink.  Harry leaned over to me, his breath hot on my ear.

“Let me walk you back to your office?” he asked. I nodded, unable to say anything else. Once again, he wrapped his amazing hand around mine and we walked to my office. It was nice, just standing there in the silence. He walked me down the hall back to my office. He gave my hand and extra squeeze before letting go and walking away.

“See you tonight,” Harry called down the hallway, shoving his hands into his pockets. I slumped against the cool glass door and tried to calm my emotions. I opened the door and went inside. I started to clean up my new office, but I got distracted and ended up on my laptop. I found myself typing in “Harry Styles”. After I had read countless articles about his countless alleged relationships, I began doubting myself. I was shocked. I made a mental note to be more careful. I closed the lid of them computer carefully, feeling confused and hurt. My fucking period must be coming or something. I’ve only known Harry for five minutes, and I basically friend zoned myself. I don’t know what I was getting worked up about.