0.6

IN the movie theater auditorium there's a buzz of excited talk. children on tiptoe stare at the popping machines, grinning for their salty snack. jungkook knew the profits from the popcorn are the lifeblood of the movie theater industry, but as a student he has his clandestine snack in his over-sized bomber jacket. he's usually here for the action adventure hollywood movies, the ones packed with the sexy celebrities, but not tonight. jungkook was trying to impress nari so they were meeting for a retro classic.

the twenty-two year old looked at his phone for the sixth time in four minutes. in his jeans and t-shirt he blended into the scenery as well; but in his mind he was dressed in neon and the passers by observed that nari hadn't arrived yet. they were purposeful chatting to a friend, some sipped soft drinks and others gawked at the posters for upcoming showtimes.

as he scanned for her short form, dark hair and trade-mark red jacket—some of the eyes turned his way, their faces hard. then he checked his phone again. it was almost six, the time of their meeting. he resolved next time to meets somewhere he didn't feel like a flag, somewhere he could sit and hide behind an electronic device or newspaper, a cafe perhaps.

he rocked on his heals, peering into the crowd.

the lobby is swarming, fast moving, until she steps into the doors. then time stops. his stomach turns unhelpfully and he feels his skin turn clammy. she lights up into a smile and what can the ebony haired male do but follow suit, if she is the sun then he the moon. he has the tickets ready so all there is to do is slip his hand in hers and listen to her "guess what?" story as they strolled to the auditorium.

halfway into the film and the pair still hadn't said a thing to each other, instead the girl was deeply immersed in the movie-- whereas jungkook was fighting an internal battle.

the movie's almost done and this will probably be my only chance.. should i?

all the reasons not to do this come flooding in, as if his body chemistry just sent them a blanket invitation. he feels the soft panic that can grow or fade depending on what he does next. it will fade if he backs away, but then he'll have to do this all again another time. it will grow if he let these thoughts swirl into a vortex of stupidity, eating their own tail. or he can breathe real slow, let the thoughts leak into each other and be the real boss of himself.

jungkook yawns, placing his arm around nari and she leaned closer to him. the softness and gentle touch of his arm against her neck made her back tingle. the two sat in the seats of the highest row, looking at all the couples recreating their same position. they didn't speak because in their own way, they were already communicating.