0.1

𝚂𝚄𝙼𝙼𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙵 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟾 (𝟷𝟺 𝚢𝚛𝚜. 𝚘𝚕𝚍)

the breeze blew warm announcing the coming of summer's hottest days. the aroma of the tall grasses were an intoxicating perfume. we sat on the steps outside our apartment building, there had been a big black out, not a light in sight and just above our head there was a sky full of stars, more than we had ever seen. the starry night above was a painting more sublime than any man could create.

but, somehow my eyes couldn't move from him.

he sat with his head in his hands; so, i asked him what was wrong he just shook his head and said "nothing" but i knew him better.

i watched him carefully as i set my head in my hands and looked to him with a smile. his lips twitched but he quickly turned away. i moved a little closer slightly nudged him with my elbow, a smile still spread across my face, he looked over a smirk rising.

he let out a soft sigh, "i'm just...such a small part of the world. what can i do? who could i be? i want to be more than a nobody."

i looked up and thought for a moment, "everyone wants to change the world-- so, make a difference, start a revolution. it's true, maybe you cant. not many can, but there is so much you can do everyday to change it. just a smile or a helping hand to someone in need can make a difference. i mean take me for example, without your smile i wouldn't get through the day. you covered my ears as my parents fought-- wiped my tears and tell me my scars showed strength, and that is a beautiful thing."

he looked up with softness and a smile, "what would i do without you?"

he whispered as he leaned in resting his forehead against mine.

"die" i whispered back with a giggle.

he laughed and shook his head and kissed me.

after that everything changed.