The Story Continues...

Thanks for reading!

Check out the sequel: A Marauder's Guide to Falling Together
https://www.wattpad.com/story/178514304-a-marauder%27s-guide-to-falling-together

*

"I have a more personal question," she ignored his arrogance. Watching him had sparked a new interest that seemed to overpower any interest she had in their previous conversation.

"Oh?" he seemed surprised but didn't allow it to affect his composure. "Go ahead then."

"Why me?"

"I beg your pardon?" Sirius seemed confused. 

Marlene felt embarrassed asking it but it wouldn't be the first time it had danced around in her head. Sirius was the type of guy that could have any girl he wanted. He was smart, funny, immeasurably handsome, and he bloody well knew it. Though he was bit egotistical at times, his hot headedness had seemed to settle down immensely from the boy she had known from fifth and sixth year.

"Of all the girls you could have picked from, you chose me. I want to know why."

Sirius was looking at her funny - it was not quite the reaction she had been expecting. "Of all the girls I could have picked from. What exactly is that supposed to mean? Isn't it obvious?"

**

It's Marlene's seventh year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and she has graduated from blundering student to emotional train wreck. She knew that seventh year was going to be challenging, but she never imagined that N.E.W.T.s would be the least of her worries. The pressure of suppressing her emotions begins to take its toll, and it's only a matter of time before she breaks. She knows that she must tell Sirius how she truly feels if they ever stand a chance. As she struggles to win Sirius back, dark forces continue to loom over Hogwarts. Suddenly, Marlene finds herself immersed in something unexpected; threatening everything she knows and loves. Relationships blossom, alliances are formed, and adventures continue as Marlene and her friends enjoy their last moments before the war. They must rely on one another to fight the darkness, and together she and Sirius may just have a fighting chance after all.

 They must rely on one another to fight the darkness, and together she and Sirius may just have a fighting chance after all