I've Just Seen a Face-21

Fitting In

I was sooooooo bored. John was in the studios and I woke up to NO ONE here. He must have thought he was being nice but I was soooooooooo bored.

As I walked around the echo-y rooms I felt pent up and emotional I haven't felt this way since I was drying out- no I'm not going to find any liquor. Maybe when John comes back I can casually ask to have wine with dinner. God help me I will make another mess if I don't watch myself.

I saw a pile of books not yet in the bookcase, so I grab a duster and sort what's on the shelf and add the newbies, done. Time – a half hour, not bad just heaps too many to go! Maybe I should just sleep again, nope my eyes won't shut for that long.

I cast my eye around the room, I should dust the lot but I'm not the maid well John probably won't even notice anything anyway. A pile of discarded paperwork..... music notes and scribbles, words on napkins, envelopes and backs of invoices and fan mail, well at least he touches their fan letters!

I have an idea, a stupid one but it will keep me entertained for a bit and I can get more written if I feel so inclined as I read the old stuff- my poetry/ writing/ bits of prose. As I rummage through my duffel bag I realise I haven't sorted my boxes at George and Patties, I could go there, nah not today anyhow. Book yes I will go through and see if anything catches my eye for the boys to fool around with, that's what I think George wanted to do.

As I slowly turn the yellowed pages I see my life, the books big ok!, I scribbled ditties about everything- George and the near drowning one of the first entitled "Scrawni Harri", now there's a song! I see George has made a notation, marking in the margin 'No Bloody Way' - spoil sport.

"The Kiss" has two or three notes in the margin and a doodle obviously Johns. From George 'a keeper', From probably Paul 'Georges invisible friend' and from John 'kissed at long last' a kissy face and rude pic of two people, so small but detailed.

I'm smiling so this wasting time business is ok.

"George goes to Hollyburg act 2" – George is screwing heaps now, Paul is getting some / John is pulling none, Pete has no hope at all, Let them all come back/ perhaps though, throw Pete overboard- geez I should rip this one out holy moley what dribble, though I might keep for the notations now!- George 'yes!!!', John' pick on someone else KassandrA', Paul 'yes, yes I did thank-you', Ringo 'who is this Pete you speak of!'

In Love- George wrote 'nice but he is still a big tosser', Paul has now drawn lips, John 'too soppy but ok for those Paulie types' and Ringo 'get a room'

These boys are a hoot I love that they even manage to make me laugh and they aren't even in the room.

Theatre- This one was the night of the Royal Command Performance, you know 'rattle your jewellery', all the nerves; was it Harry the taxi driver?, my dress, fleeting glimpses of the lads, invisible in the mass of bodies outside, then being alone again at the end. Comments from all four written in red ink littered the page George- 'I didn't even know you were there til 3 days later!!!!', Paul 'my da said you were very nice when he met you', Richie 'next time you're my date!' and John 'if you were so invisible how do I recall the lady in red'

John saw me?? No impossible surely. Sure, I was sitting with Mrs H, I suppose he could have spotted her, his Aunt Mimi and Jim McCartney and a few others in the section, I will ask him one day.

"Fucking Bastard Man" has George noting 'settle petal', Paul 'angry somewhat kass', Ringo I guess notes 'you go girl' next to where I write: I want to rip his head off/ Throw it way off and John has drawn a broken heart and a bandaid on a finger 'too many cuss words in here!'