Tonight We Rest for Tomorrow We Fight

Quote of the Chapter

"Being a hero doesn't mean being invincible, it just means you're brave enough to stand up and do what is needed." ~ Rick Riordan 

Song of the Chapter 

Chance ~ Neffex

Sorry for the lack of updates my computer was acting fucky! I am planning on finishing this book today. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the Hades Percy?" Hazel screeched as she stared down at her friends lifeless body, his brown eyes unseeing.

"He threatened to kill me, I do not take those threats lightly." Percy stated calmly, before wiping his blade on his pant leg. "Come on Jason, Zoe. Our stay seems to be over worn, my offer stands. We leave in two days, Frank. Nobody will judge anyone of you less for staying here, stay, live and be happy my friend." 

With that Percy, Jason and Zoe walked out of the cave, and back to their camp. True to form, the Relentless and the family stayed there for two days, waiting to see if they would gain some supporters. 

He heard gentle tapping at his tent. 

"Enter." He lazily called as he rubbed his eyes, feeling like he was staring at the map for hours. 

"Sir, a man is here named Frank. He says he knows you, he is also here with two women a man and a child." 

Percy crunched his face at the thought of a family wanting to see him but he nodded as he left the tent, following the guard to where Frank was waiting. 

He stopped suddenly as a tear escaped his eye. For standing in front of him was his mother and step father with their fifteen year old daughter. 

"Mom?" Percy whispered. Sally was talking to Paul and had her back turned to Percy but froze when she heard Percy whisper, she slowly turned around as the first tear escaped her eyes. Before more followed, the duo stood there and stared at each other drinking in the fact the other was standing no more than ten feet from the other. Before Paul gently shoved Sally forward, Percy took three steps forward as Sally rushed forward and embracing her son for the first time in fourteen years. 

"You were dead." Sally sobbed. "My only son was dead." 

Percy hugged his mother tight as she continued to sob, they must have sat there for five minutes. Before Paul cleared his throat as Sally turned to face her husband but refusing to leave Percy's arms. 

"Percy it is good to see you, son." Paul said warmly as he shook Percy's hands. 

"The feeling is mutual I promise Paul." Percy replied back before looking at his baby sister, she had light brown hair and hazel eyes. Standing no taller than five foot two.

"You must be Zoe, it is nice to meet you again." Percy said softly to the girl. 

Zoe looked at her parents who were smiling at the interaction. "It is nice to meet you two brother." 

Percy smiled widely at that before stepping out of Sally's arms and hugging his little sister. She hesitated before hugging her brother back. 

"Come all of you to my tent, we have much more to discuss." Percy said as he looked at Frank to make sure he was included. Before Percy turned to the guard with him. 

"Tell Grey, to come to my tent. I need to talk to him, also grab Jason." 

"Jason is here too?" Sally asked with a smile on her face, Jason, Nico and Alex were here unofficially adopted sons. 

Percy nodded. "Yes Jason is here." 

"What of Nico and Alex? It is hard to imagine you four separated." Paul questioned as they all continued walking towards Percy's tent before Percy stopped and looked at his mother and step-father.

"Alex has been imprisoned by Zeus for the last decade and a half. We are mounting an attack on Olympus the next morning after we arrive. As for Nico, well four days ago he was killed by Athena." 

Sally choked back a sob as Paul looked down sadly but nodded as the family finally hit the tent, the family entered as the chatted for a few hours before Percy looked at Frank. 

"So have you made your choice Frank?" 

Frank nodded slowly. "We will fight with you Percy two hundred demigods are going to be marching alongside you as long as you are OK with that?" 

Percy rolled his eyes as Jason entered hearing Frank. "Dumb as you were fifteen years ago eh Frank? We wouldn't have asked if we weren't OK with it." Frank looked a bit embarrassed before Jason slung one of his arms around Franks broad shoulders. "I am just teasing you Frank it is good to have you with us." 

"Jason!" Sally called out. The former son of Jupiter turned to one of his only motherly figures in his life and smiled brightly as he rushed to hug her and Paul. Jason talked mostly about what has happened to him in the last years leaving out Tartarus as that isn't something the boys wanted a whole lot of people to know about. 

An hour later Grey walked in staring at the newcomers with curiosity. 

"Grey, meet my parents and my baby sister. This is my third in command, Grey." Percy introduced the people he cared most about after exchanging pleasantries Percy turned to Grey and said. "Get the army ready to march in the next hour, we will reach Olympus in two days time." 

"Can we come with you?" Zoe asked her older brother, over the last four hours talking to her long lost brother the two got along perfectly and she wanted to spend as much time as she could with him. 

Percy looked at her sadly. "You cannot, travelling with an army is no place for you. Stay here, I will come back after I destroy Olympus." 

"What if you don't? They are gods!" Zoe protested. 

"I have killed gods and Titans before Zoe, this time will be no different. I promise. I love you all, I will make this world better." Percy stated before hugging his family and them taking their leave. 

~Two days later~

Night was settling as Jason, Grey Percy and Zoe Nightshade stared at Olympus with hate. They would be attacking shortly. Percy already explaining his plan, Zoe and Percy would lead the army to attack the gates of Olympus. Where Frank, Jason, Hazel, Grey and twelve more Relentless shoulders would sneak into the town under the cover of darkness and open the gates for the army. 

Percy had everyone stand in front of him. 

"Rest up and eat hearty, for tomorrow we dine in Hades! This is the final battle, there will be no retreat, no surrender. We will crush the gods once and for all!" Percy shouted. 

The army thundered their approval before breaking off to their tents for some much needed rest as tomorrow they would be undoubtedly be in the hardest fight of their lives. 

Percy turned to Jason and Frank and shook Franks hand before pulling Jason into a hug. 

"We did it bro, be safe. We will full on attack as you open the gates." Percy said seriously. 

"I will not fail." Jason replied back before grabbing the Relentless shoulders and walking out of camp. 

Percy himself walked to his tent where he found Zoe sitting at his table nervously. 

"Need something Zoe? We attack in a couple hours." Percy asked. 

Zoe looked at him seriously. "I just wanted to tell you how much I love you, we might not get the chance in a couple hours." 

Percy's face softened. "I love you to Zoe, I promise after the gods are defeated you and I are going away from all this. Our lives will be our own." 

Zoe rushed into Percy's arms and kissed him passionately, she could not wait for that day.